The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice

4 posters

Go down

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice Empty identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice

Post by madmouse Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:19 pm

I'm having a tough time working out the c-dilutes in my splashed/tri-color mice. What combinations of dilutes cause pink eyes (assuming the mouse is not p/p)? If anyone could help me identify the dilutes in the following mice I would be so, so grateful!

This is Easy Mo Bee. She is A^vy, with pink eyes and just a smudge of light orange and brownish-gray. Her mom is the mouse in the second picture. I'm pretty certain her dad is C/c (I assume his mom was c/c because she was PEW, but she had no pedigree).

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice Easy_m10

This is Rolympcia, Easy Mo Bee's mother. She is also A^vy, but with black eyes. Her color is a sort of pale gray with brownish-gray splashes.

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice Rolymp10

And this is Poliphili. His mom was Siamese and his dad was full color carrying an unknown c-dilute. His eyes had a little bit of a reddish tint to them, was this caused by c^h?

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice Poliph10

madmouse
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice Empty Re: identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice

Post by m137b Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 am

Black eye'd C-Dilutes:
cch/cch[dark brown to washed out black]Sepia, Chinchilla,
cch/ch[chocolate brown to dark brown with darker points]Burmese
cch/ce[chocolate brown to dark brown w/o points]Mock Chocolate
cch/c[chocolate brown to dark brown w/o points]Mock Chocolate
ch/ce[beige with points]Beige Colorpoint, Black Eyed Siamese
ce/ce[beige] Beige, Stone
ce/c[off white]Ivory, Creme, Bone

Red Eye'd C-dilutes:
ch/ch[beige with points] Siamese
ch/c[white to off white with points] Himalayan

In C-dilute brindles
your two colors are black and orange when diluted by:
cch/cch black turns to dark brown, orange turns to silver
cch/ch black turns to dark brown, orange turns to silver
cch/ce, black turns to dark brown, orange turns to silver
cch/c, black turns to dark brown, orange turns to silver
ch/ch, black turns to beige, orange turns to off white
ch/ce, black turns to beige, orange turns to off white
ch/c, black turns to off white, orange turns to off white
ce/ce, black turns to beige, orange turns to off white
ce/c, black turns to off white, orange turns to off white

Dad looks like a Black Splashed Beige Colorpoint
Mom looks like a Brindle Splashed Ivory
Baby looks like Brindle Splashed Himalayan.

m137b
m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice Empty Re: identifying c-dilutes in splashed mice

Post by madmouse Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:54 am

Thank you so much!! That is the most clear and concise listing of what dilutes do in combination with each other. I'm going to copy and paste that into a word document right now so I can keep it handy in my genetics notebook Happy

madmouse
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by m137b Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 am

Mixing the pattern genes is a recipe for confusion. I've had several mice who were combinations of merle, splashed, brindle and piebald on the same animal...they're pretty though, some of my prettiest mice have been splashed brindles, merle brindles, and splashed merles. My original foundation buck Hifi was a splashed merle fox angora he was sooo pretty. I have a old pet angora girl right now who is brindle splashed burmese, I actually thought she was colorpoint beige until I bred her the one time, lol.
m137b
m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Cindy, I found your c-dilute list very interesting, esp. the c-dilutes on brindles part. I am breeding for c^ch/c^ch brindles from c^ch/c^e mice and have gotten some mice whose c-diluted brindle areas are just plain brown with an orangeish cast. I was assuming they were c^ch/c^ce, since c^e/c^e brindles look pale yellow, not brown. In fact, Mystery Mouse, who has this brown/orangeish color has produced a c^ch/c^ch baby. What I'm saying is, I think the phenotypes for c^ch/*(all the other c's) are distinguishable. Yeah, I also have a c^h/c doe who was mated to a c^ch/c^ch buck (your old friend, Choo Choo) and has produced two different colors of babies, one far lighter than the other (about manilla folder darkness to dark chocolate), so I think the c^ch/*(all the other c's) are also distinguishable by hue. I'm saying "I think" because of my small empirical experience here in the Brindle Empire. I know you have much wider experience over many years and would be interested in knowing more. Does this all boil down to the variability of the c-dilutes? If so, why are the two pairs of babies exactly the same hue?
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:58 pm

That buck poliphili. I love him. OMG any offsprings. What ears LOL

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down