The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls)

4 posters

Go down

First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls) Empty First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls)

Post by Kitei Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Did my usual morning check today on all of the mice, and when I looked at my tans, both my black girls had ballooned over night! Big smile This will be my first litter from these guys. Both does are pretty nice, and the buck is a good looking boy (came third in his under 8 weeks class, bless him), so it should be a productive pairing. I'll be keeping back several does and 1-2 bucks, and any surplus or those that don't quite meet the requirements will be going into a pet home (my sister's family, aha).

Quite looking forward to these litters, though will be my first time. Is there anything I should be adding to their diets in particular, etc? I'll be splitting them up this week (they've all been in together since the 6th, meaning they should be due in a week or so if they bred straight away). Also, what nesting materials does anyone recommend? I use woodshavings or easibed as a base, and they usually get soft shredded paper (almost like tissue), etc, to sleep in, but for crafting a nest, I don't think my usual bedding works.

Also, snapped some photos of them today, to demonstrate their chubbiness. Ignore all the stuff on the grass in the background; the it's all leaves and blossom from the trees I was next to. And some chewed up chunks of wood that my Lab managed to find.

First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls) Biggals1
First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls) Biggals3

Cecily liked the garden~
First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls) Biggals2

Her tail looks so nice a long there <3
Kitei
Kitei
Pinky
Pinky

http://www.mousemaniasim.com

Back to top Go down

First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls) Empty Re: First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls)

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Oh, pretty! I especially like the last pic.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls) Empty Re: First black tan litters expected! (photos of chubby girls)

Post by Kitei Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Big smile Thanks!

I love my black tans <3 I love all the varieties that I have, but the black tans are just so smart looking! Hopefully this pairing will produce some good results; the does are nicely typed, one very much so, and the buck is sizing up really well and has pretty good type. Could do with darkening their toes a little, have a feeling that's what lets him down and could probably place higher than 3rd if they were darker.
Kitei
Kitei
Pinky
Pinky

http://www.mousemaniasim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anktian Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Still jealous. Wink
Anktian
Anktian
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

http://www.backwoodsrodentry.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by angela316 Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Very pretty!

angela316
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down