Worm Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worm Question

Post by angela316 on Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm

I have a question, My lil white mouse rosa that I rescued from feeder tank, she was mixed in there with boys and she was a little chubby whrn I got her so I am thinking pregnant (about a week ago), but I read somewhere if a male has mated with her she would have a plug in her area but there isn't a plug so I was wondering would it stay there for whole pregnancy? then I read somewhere that worms will make her look pregnant too, but I have'nt noticed any worms in her poo, so are worms really noticeable in poo? or not, I am currently trying to find a pocket pet vet in my area, we have one but she isn't taking new clients the other is about 45 minutes away. Sad I have posted about mites and I know the Iver On will take care of worms too but if she is prego I don't wnt to hurt the babies, should I just wait a couple more weeks to see if she gives birth then get the iver on? I think I am going to use the revolution for the mites now so they can stop itching Happy

angela316
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Re: Worm Question

Post by Laigaie on Thu May 16, 2013 10:14 pm

The plug falls out almost immediately, far before they start to look pregnant. You can't de-worm with things other than ivermectin while they're pregnant or you could abort babies. I would use ivermectin rather than other mite liquids because it /is/ safe for pups and pregnant does.
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by angela316 on Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

oh, I thought the ivermectin goes into blood stream and could be dangerous for babies, I will get some then

angela316
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top