The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Gallon Tank Shelf

2 posters

Go down

10 Gallon Tank Shelf Empty 10 Gallon Tank Shelf

Post by Trixie's Mice Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 pm

I need some sort of shelf for my ten gallon tanks. I would like it to hold 3 tanks, one on top, then two on the other two shelves. It would be great if it was a pull out drawer, but not needed. I have a desk that I frankensteined together and where the printer is supposed to go, I put a mouse cage, so it pulls out. If you guys know of anything, that would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!
Trixie's Mice
Trixie's Mice
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

10 Gallon Tank Shelf Empty Re: 10 Gallon Tank Shelf

Post by Laigaie Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:42 pm

I got a big heavy plastic shelf from Lowes for $30 on sale a year or two ago. It holds two 10s and 1 5.5 on each shelf, with four or five shelves (depending on whether you use the top--I don't). The closest they currently have is: "Enviro Elements 72-in H x 36-in W x 24-in D 5-Tier Plastic Freestanding Shelving Unit" for $50. They have a lot of shelving options, as do several places. You'll want one that can hold a good deal of weight per shelf, as tanks are heavy, and if you want the tanks arranged short-side-front instead of long-side-front, you can fit more with a deeper rather than wider shelf, whereas if you want fewer tanks per shelf, a wider but less deep shelf is more helpful. Also, this one assembles really easily, five minutes tops.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down