The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chewing the glue

3 posters

Go down

Chewing the glue Empty Chewing the glue

Post by LittleSniffs Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:17 am

I posted before on another forum about some (now all the girls are doing it) of our mice chewing the glue off the sides and bottom of our glass cages. One cage is pretty bad and since I am the one who cleans the cages, I can feel it shifting some. My question is, do they sell to reglue it or does anyone has some tricks about this! I was thinking about going all plastic but once I looked into it, it just cost too much for us to do right now.

Thanks Big smile
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Chewing the glue Empty Re: Chewing the glue

Post by Rhasputin Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 am

You can buy aquarium sealant at the pet store, or online. Just clean the cage thouroughly, then squeeze it into the corners and smooth it in tight with your fingers. You'll need somewhere to put the mice while it dried though, I think it takes 12-24 hours. Concerned
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 am

If you do some research (check out some fish tank forums), there is a glue that is the exact same thing as aquarium glue, but it's marketed to plumbers so it's not as expensive. Happy I don't know it off the top of my head, or I'd send a link! lol
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:07 am

Zia wrote:If you do some research (check out some fish tank forums), there is a glue that is the exact same thing as aquarium glue, but it's marketed to plumbers so it's not as expensive. Happy I don't know it off the top of my head, or I'd send a link! lol

Is it the same thing as just regular silicone cauk?
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 am

Hmm interesting. I wonder if it's safe too. I'm always worried about what I put into the cages.
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down