fox and broken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fox and broken

Post by kawmice on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I am really trying to get ahold of a Black Broken Buck (will settle for ANY broken) and some foxes.

I do have one fox buck on hold already, but other then that I am finding them hard to find. My goal for the fox is to produce a nice chocolate fox line. I LOVE chocolate Foxes. To do this I need the fox gene. lol

Brokens are so hard to find this time around. I do have 1-2 pied carriers on hold, but I would really like a nice broken marked. My goals for broken is of corse broken lines (Black, Bue, and Chocolate) as well as Splashed and Tricolors.

If you have any, please post here or send me a PM. Happy
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Re: fox and broken

Post by Rhasputin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:00 pm

What is the genotype for a chocolate fox?

a/at b/b cch/cch?

You might have better luck finding some chocolate tans, and adding in the proper dilutes, to produce chocolate foxes, than to actually find a chocolate fox.
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:05 pm

I can do that! I have a chocolate tan doe on hold. I can use her! The other dilutes I can definately work in. Thanks Casey!!!
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Oh! I may have a broken black doe for you. She's got Irish spotting and is also x-brindle, but good type.

Yes! I can send you CSB Titania. She's been bred once. Made some good babies and is a good mother. Born 6/26/11. Do you want her?
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I also have been wanting to tell you, I found out one of the pied carrier girls I thought I had was actually a boy. So I have a spare black pied carrier buck now if you want me to hold him for you.
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks guys!!

Ann - I would love her!
and Zia - yes please!! Thanks so much!
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycrisa on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:57 am

Are you going to the show? I know several friends who have pied mice.
(assuming I'm not mixing up pied with broken)

Lycrisa
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:56 am

I am definately going to the show/ rodent fest. Happy And alot of people use pied and broken interchangeably. They are one and the same. lol

Let me know what they have available please. Happy I would be interrested in some. Happy and thanks!
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycrisa on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 am

I'll ask around for sure and let you know.

(It was my understanding that pied is a general term for colored mice with blotches of white covering some areas and broken was a specific marking using the "pied" gene, sort of like dutch..but I might be wrong.
It's like 5am here so my brain is fried.)
Lycrisa
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 am

Christine, I will have some of those broken babies I posted on ML you saw and possibly some Tans decended from yours. Both of my Chocolate Tan does from Archer's line, I believe, have baby bumps. I am hoping the influx of the "new" Tan blood will make for pretty babies! Keep your fingers crossed!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 am

Yay!! I will pm you when I get home. Happy. I do miss Archer, he was my baby!

Is ML back up yet?
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 am

And thanks Lycrisa!
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Did you get your black broken buck? I definitely have a pet store one I can send you, if you're desperate.
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Mellissa has piebald black mice available! I'm getting a pair, send her a message! She also has piebald blue!
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 pm

I have fox mice but they are fox because they are tan and siamese not chinchilla...does it matter when making chocolate fox which c-dilute is used? They are also angora and splashed. Also I need more pied mice also...I have a buck or two reserved with Melissa hopefully she still has them for me Happy
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 pm

a/a b/b c^ch/c^ch would NOT be a chocolate fox. chinchilla heavily dilutes red/yellow color, and chocolate has a lot of that....so chocolate in combination with chinchilla would produce a pale muted muddy type color that would not look anything like an undiluted chocolate.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 pm

bethmccallister wrote:I have fox mice but they are fox because they are tan and siamese not chinchilla...does it matter when making chocolate fox which c-dilute is used? They are also angora and splashed. Also I need more pied mice also...I have a buck or two reserved with Melissa hopefully she still has them for me Happy

Yep! I kept the biggest pied babies here, but they are still pretty small when compared to my other mice. Maybe I'm being too self conscious, but to me they are small. LOL! 5 bucks and 3 does, I believe and if I remember correctly I'm only keeping one or two. And I have Beth, Casey and Christine down for first picks. Sweet! I guess my note taking has been pretty good so far! I will also probably have more pied in Ivory and/or Beige (Since I have 3 litters of them born over the past couple of days), as well as the mystery Reverse Siamese looking mice. I am hoping more of those are in the 2 newest litters. I have really gotten to like the Coffee-like color!

Like I mentioned in another post, my camera is not working so I've been limited to taking photos with my camera and uploading them to Facebook. I need someone to remind me how to copy the link that puts a photo up here rather than a link. I hate links! Otherwise, you'd all be bombarded with babies. I have 4 piles of new squeakers now and about 10 more pairs together, some with baby bumps who should be born by the 1st. Not all will cooperate, I'm sure. You know how that goes. LOL.

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:09 pm

I know it's not my request thread, but if any of your ivory/beige pied are more than 50% white, I would be eternally in your debt if I could get one. Especially if you have any pop up that have minimal "pants" markings.
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Zia wrote:I know it's not my request thread, but if any of your ivory/beige pied are more than 50% white, I would be eternally in your debt if I could get one. Especially if you have any pop up that have minimal "pants" markings.

Those sometimes happen. Anytime I see a beautifully delicate (in shade) Ivory baby, I get all excited. Then they usually end up being Pied with a tiny spot of Ivory here or there. tongue I will keep my eye out for you though! If there's not one in these litters, there's bound to be one in another later on.

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm

GypsyTails wrote:
Zia wrote:I know it's not my request thread, but if any of your ivory/beige pied are more than 50% white, I would be eternally in your debt if I could get one. Especially if you have any pop up that have minimal "pants" markings.

Those sometimes happen. Anytime I see a beautifully delicate (in shade) Ivory baby, I get all excited. Then they usually end up being Pied with a tiny spot of Ivory here or there. tongue I will keep my eye out for you though! If there's not one in these litters, there's bound to be one in another later on.

Sounds awesome! Thank you much!
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top