The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lara is pregnant!

+9
Rhasputin
WindyHill
doganddisc
LittleSniffs
lunalady
Stina
inkeduptara
kawmice
Mrs. Beach
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 Empty Re: Lara is pregnant!

Post by Mrs. Beach Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Stina, YOU WROTE; As A^vy dilutes the mouse to yellow/orange with black stripes...any of the c-dilutes will be working on both colors. c^e does not remove pheomelanins (yellow) entirely, so you will still have some yellow to any diluted areas, thus a cream, rather than beige, color.

I SAY: I agree.

YOU WROTE: Mrs. Beach was likely c^ch/c^e I think.

I SAY: I disagree. I thought originally you told me you thought she was c^e/c^e. Many other breeders told me they thought she was c^e/c^e. I thought I had heard a unified opinion that she was c^e/c^e. (Fortunately, if I do need to change my breeding goal to c^ch/c^e mice, I have c^ch on hand, thanks to you, Stina, and Blox, the blue fox rex buck. Blox's babies were born two days ago and it looks now like I will have five blue fox babies [and two c^ch/c^h]! Well, only 50% will be fox. Anyway. So happy! I think blue fox is very handsome!)

YOU WROTE: I'm trying to think how things would dilute... for c^ch/c^ch brindle you would have nearly black stripes on a nearly white background, since the background on an undiluted brindle is orange, and c^ch removes close to all orange. It wouldn't produce much contrast in a tri. c^ch/c^e would produce dark mud stripes probably still on a close to white background...but maybe not as diluted as c^ch/c^ch. c^ch/c or c^ch/c^h would produce light mud stripes on a close to white background. c^e/c^e would produce beige stripes on a cream background.

I SAY: I understand and accept what you said at the top that c-dilutes would dilute both the A^vy color of the mouse and its stripes, but I want to say, Mrs. Beach appeared to have black stripes to me. (Look at the pic of her in my avatar. They certainly weren't beige stripes, the same color as a beige mouse. Her background color was the color of a beige mouse. Well, maybe with a touch of yellow. But still a "cool" color.

YOU WROTE: c^e/c or c^e/c^h would produce very very light stripes on a close to white background. I think you had anded up choosing c^e/c^e b/c it should produce the best balance of contrast on a tricolor with predictable results.

I SAY: I agree.

YOU WROTE: Assuming Mrs. Beach was c^ch/c^e, it would require more mice for breeding since you'd either be getting a lot of c^ch/c^ch mice and a lot of c^e/c^e mice or you'd have to cross c^ch/c^ch mice to c^e/c^e mice to get all c^ch/c^e.

I SAY: It sounds like (?) you think I bred Mrs. Beach(?). But I didn't! I started with Supergirl and a WNT-descended tricolor who had c^e, working at eliminating the not-c^e c-dilutes until I have now usually half a litter of c^e/c^e. I am very close to having all c^e/c^e and want to cross two A^vy/* c^e/c^e s/s Spl/* so I can get a higher percentage of A^vy/* c^e/c^e s/s Spl/* in each litter.

I STILL SAY: I am basically planning to cross various of Lara's babies with various of Hipsebah's babies (Eye Spot [beige tri] x Dandelion, Honeysuckle x Butt Spot [beige tri]. I know it's good to bring in more outside blood because it strengthens the line. I do want to cross two of Lara's babies, Dandelion (splashed-maybe tri c^e/c^e brindle) and Chrysalis (high white c^e/c^e brindle tri), though. That's too good a cross to pass up! For Honeysuckle's second litter I want to cross her to Don, hugely typed c^e/c^e S/s son of WNT Ivory Boy (now deceased). The odds are lower of getting extreme dilute brindle tris, but if I do get one, it will have fantastic type!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Day 25:

Honeysuckle
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12-25004

Dandelion
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12-25002

Chrysalis
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12-25003

You always see Chrysalis' rear end because that's the only placer her brindle stripes show.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Love there names!!! I like the color of those.
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Wow! What lovely yellow things these babies are!!!!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by JuleeP Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm

I LOVE Dandelion!
JuleeP
JuleeP
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 pm

They are growing nicely! I love their color. Happy as always, great babies by Mrs B!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Here's Dandelion today. He really has that Asplodamouse orange. I hope the pix show it. (Aw, not by half, but you can get an inkling.)
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12-Dandelion-04-12001
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12-Dandelion-04-12002
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 am

Very nice markings! Happy
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Well, thank you! There is no standard for splashed/tri brindle, so I have been breeding for what I like. Glad to know someone else likes it, too. I just got back from a week in PA and only this morning looked at Honeysuckle, Dandelion's sister. She's a different sight. I must get a pic of her.

Here we go!
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12Honeysuckle4-13006
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12Honeysuckle4-13002
Lara is pregnant! - Page 3 LSD-12Honeysuckle4-13007
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 pm

I swear I love all your mice! Again, so pretty!
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 pm

LittleSniffs, that brindle tri Rhasputin offered you is the brother to Honeysuckle and Dandelion. I hope you asked for him. He's satin, too.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:40 am

Mrs. Beach wrote:LittleSniffs, that brindle tri Rhasputin offered you is the brother to Honeysuckle and Dandelion. I hope you asked for him. He's satin, too.

She did in another spot but she never got back to me :-(

We have gave up even getting mice from RF, each time I post I'm either over looked or they are taken. I'm not sure at this point if we are going to even make the trip to go.
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 am

LittleSniffs, you are being passed over as an adopter because nobody knows you very well (and Rhasputin is terribly busy organizing the UMC mouse show and stuff; sometimes it is like this before RF). It was like this for me when I started! You need to make posts over time so your "mouse care ethics" become known. And ask questions! Breeders want to really know their adopters and trust that they will take proper care of their mice. Remember all the questions I asked you at the beginning when we emailed back and forth? Let me say to the whole forum that I have adopted out one of my own babies, MBBE Buttercup, daughter of Queen Victoria and Ivory Boy, to LittleSniffs after a long email correspondence, during which she showed me she is using proper housing, food, care, and procedures with her mice. She is also always eager to learn more and really cares about them.

I don't know if that will get any more mice adopted out to you -- usually there are more adopters than mice at RF time and, being new, you're lower down on the ladder -- but you should come to RF, anyway, so you can meet other breeders. This is how you become known to them! Besides, Logan would really, really enjoy all the things to see, even if you don't come home with any mice.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:06 pm

The best way to get in touch with me it via PM. I really don't mean to over look anyone, but Ann is right, I am horribly busy, and I'm sorry I missed your post!

There will be plenty of available mice at RF, even if you don't get some reserved. There are people who don't even post their mice online at all, there's always mice to be had!Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3