The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Volunteer?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone Volunteer? Empty Anyone Volunteer?

Post by LittleSniffs Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 am

Do any of you volunteer? How to you decide on where and how much time to dedicate to volunteering?

I have been asked to help raise funds for a place that we are members of. Then to run for the office that covers that position this summer and go into office Jan 1 2013. And I've been asked by more then just a few people. This place is near and dear to my heart since I started going there with my godfather when I was just a year old. And I feel they really need someone young, the person who is in that office now is is a older woman who isn't very pc savvy and don't get what the idea of fundrasing it. And they just got word that they will be getting land and will need to raise millions to build new stuff.

Thing is, it's in Baltimore (about a hour and 15 min from my house). I think I would have to travel once a month for board meetings. With me having 5 years of PTA under my belt, along with being on school/county councils for school, I know for a fact that I can handle the office itself. Just don't know if the distance would be a issue.

Any advice would be appreciated! And if you are in or near Baltimore, check out the Baltimore Streetcar Museum! April 1 they are having a car show! It's a hidden gem in the city and no one seems to know about it! Great people all volunteer there time there.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-of-The-Baltimore-Streetcar-Museum/193400280731768
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Anyone Volunteer? Empty Re: Anyone Volunteer?

Post by WindyHill Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:36 pm

I volunteer at local shelters that is connected with the school I go to. I only volunteer on the weekends.

Im not very good at offering advice though,lol.
WindyHill
WindyHill
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:09 am

WindyHill wrote:I volunteer at local shelters that is connected with the school I go to. I only volunteer on the weekends.

Im not very good at offering advice though,lol.

Well gee thanks, LOL Just kidding.

Logan wanted to volunteer with the cats as the spca but then they were on the news for shooting the animals to kill them, some were left for dead for DAYS. So that went out the window. He still asked from time to time about it. We have something called dumpster cats near, but all they want is your money or to take animals in and we can't do either at the time.

But this place I want to volunteer now would be perfect for me with my past experience with PTA and stuff. I just need to make my mind up I guess, sigh...
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by WindyHill Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 am

Glad I could help,lol.
I volunteer a few hours a weekend. I usuaslly just go when the school is doing something there, like a dog wash,etc.

If that place is what your looking for, then I would volunteer there!
WindyHill
WindyHill
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum