The Mousely Chronicles

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mousely Chronicles

Post by Whurmy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:39 pm

:') Thanks guysss. < 3 I hope not! Big smile Three o'clock is taking foreverrrr to get here. I might play a game for the first time in MONTHS to make time go by faster.
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Got him! Big smile

He was too scared to be held, and after being in two car rides I didn't wanna stress him out too much. So I just let him sniff me and put him in his home. Happy

Which he seems to love, by the way. Big smile He's going CRAZY on his flying saucer wheel. He'll go really really fast and then slow down so it swings him around. And he does it on purpose, he knows how to run on t normal but he has no interest in that. So he'll run and run and run til it spins him in circles a few times, over and over again.

Which is why I've renamed him.

His name is now Dizzie. Big smile

He adores being on top of his kleenex box house and climbing through the gaps in his ladder. But his wheel is his favorite. I don't think he's had one before. He adores it.

His tail is much longer than I expected. It's so cute. :')

His water bottle, though. Sad It's kind of leaky, so I'll probably check on the bedding around it a few times before bed. I could not find a way to hang it in my tank, so I poked a hole in a sock, but the water bottle in it, tied a knot on the opposite end and shut it between the lid and tank with stuff weighing it down to make sure it doesn't slip.

The sock is cotton, so I'm worried about that, but as of right now, we have no way to get a new water bottle. No money at all until late late tonight or tomorrow. How will he do with a water dish? Either way, it'll just be until tomorrow. Advice?

He's fed lab block, and I got a sack of that from the breeder, who also told me where to buy it at. Happy He was super nice.

So, all in all, Dizzie's home! Big smile He seems ridiculously happy on his wheel and tomorrow will be the start of Whurmy/Dizzie bonding time. Happy
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Get some sticky 2 sided Velcro. Clean the side of tank with water and paper towel stick one side to tank other the length of your bottle Make sure u cut both sides the same Put the tape up high enough that diz has to stretch remember his will grow. That works great

Last edited by lunalady on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Velcro was actually recommended to me by a friend. Big smile I will definitely go to a craft store and check that out. Big smile
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Went out and bought a water bottle with a hook. :3 The exact same kind as the one we got from the breeder, but a different color and with the attachments. Definitely worth the buck fifty. And leaks much much less. There's a very very slowww leak, but replacing the TP right under once or twice a day isn't a big thing.

He took a nap while I was watching Ghost Hunters and out shopping and he's calmed down quite a bit! He's exploring again now, just crawling around, falling off TP rolls and burrowing. Happy He is adorable. Big smile

He's not deathly terrified of me, now that he's settled down a bit. I set my hand in there for just a minute, and unlike earlier when I'd set my hand in there and he was hiding so good I had NO idea where he was, he actually poked his head out of his house and sniffed in my direction. Big smile I was talking to my cat while I was setting up his water bottle and again, he didn't hide like before, but wandered about his tank like normal. Big smile

I'm so glad he's calmed down and I wasn't expecting it at all. I was sure he'd be like this for about a week, but I hope to pick him up within the week, now. Big smile

Progress! Not much. But progress!

Also, my cats have paid him no attention at all. I don't think they know he's in there just yet. :')
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 am

Little update...

Forgot how annoying the sound of a clicking water bottle is....
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 am

Congrats! He will definately come around. Happy
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Bonding time starts this afternoon. Happy
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Nice, Photo please.

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:49 pm

I'll nab one of him when he wakes up. Happy

He was up most of the night, running on his wheel and keeping me up with his clicking water bottle. tongue I sat my hand in there with a cheerio in my palm for about an hour, and the most he did was poke his cute little face out and see what was going on. He didn't act super scared, mostly curious, but I think his sleepiness outweighed his curiosity.

So, after staring at my hand for a minute or so, he went back into his house and went to bed. About half an hour later, he did it again. So he's not TERRIFIED. But not brave enough to come say hi yet.

So, we're taking a break so he can get some sleep. His tank is staying on my bed, right next to me, though. Happy So he can get acquainted with my scent and my voice and everything.

When we try again this afternoon, I'll snap a quick picture of the pretty boy. Happy He has such a sweet face.
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Sounds like the two of u r having fun. Happy

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Tried putting my hand in there again. He's curious, but still scared. And I really wanna check him for myself and make sure he's a boy, sooo...

A cardboard box is in there. Happy When he crawls in, I'll scoop it up and check him out. Happy
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 pm

So he was about an inch away from coming to see me, then the house guest got too close with the vacuum and he ran back inside his home. Sad

It was after this that it occurred to me that the light was on... And that probably had a lot to do with why he won't come out, even when I wasn't doing anything with him. The light's off, only the lamp is on and it's back to the waiting game. Happy
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Lol. So cute. Happy
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:30 am

VICTORY OMG.

The more I look at him, the more I think splashed. He's lighter than this and my crappy phone almost makes him look agouti, but I promise you, he's not.

The stripes/patches don't go all the way across his back. They stop at his spine, and another one starts in a different place.

I GOT TO HOLD HIM. And I was so excited I forgot to check for boy bits. >.> He's only five weeks, so I don't know how well I'll be able to tell. Pretty sure he's a boy. Once he got accustomed to the shelf he was place to get used to my hand, he took great pleasure in peeing on it. And he certainly smells like a boy.

I'm just so happy. :'D
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:40 am

Congrats!

If he has stripes then he is a brindle. Happy
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Whurmy on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:53 am

They almost look like oval shaped spots rather than stripes, is what I mean. The pictures reallyyy don't do him justice. Sad

Last edited by Whurmy on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typosss)
Whurmy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Ah! I understand. Lol.
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down