Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by WindyHill on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks to the crazy Missouri weather, the pen has taken ALOT longer then we though to get finished.
We let the girls out today to enjoy the some-what nice weather and they loved it.
The last pens got smashed by falling trees.
I still need to clean up the inside of the pen and take out the un-needed boards,etc


avatar
WindyHill
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 28
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by LittleSniffs on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 am

People must be chicken crazy! I have another friend who just got chicks! LOL
avatar
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 40
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by kawmice on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:36 am

Nicely done! I love their bright colors. Happy
avatar
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2012-01-18
Age : 36
Location : New Jersey

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by doganddisc on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:46 am

What a nice pen! I've always wanted chickens. That looks great! Do you sell the eggs or keep them for yourself?
avatar
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 28
Location : Hartford, CT

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by LittleSniffs on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:09 am

doganddisc wrote:What a nice pen! I've always wanted chickens. That looks great! Do you sell the eggs or keep them for yourself?

We had a guy who we got eggs from, you can sure taste the different. It got too much for him and he sold them. Wish I could find someone else to get some from.
avatar
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 40
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by doganddisc on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:12 am

LittleSniffs wrote:
doganddisc wrote:What a nice pen! I've always wanted chickens. That looks great! Do you sell the eggs or keep them for yourself?

We had a guy who we got eggs from, you can sure taste the different. It got too much for him and he sold them. Wish I could find someone else to get some from.

There are SO many places in my area where you can get farm fresh eggs. I live on the border of a more rural Connecticut town and attend school at a agricultural college so I'm surrounded by fresh eggs.
avatar
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 28
Location : Hartford, CT

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by WindyHill on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks Happy
I keep some of the eggs and sell the some.
I have more then those 3 hens, but those 3 are the bosses, so I let them out first,lol.
I LOVE the taste of fresh eggs, so much better then store bought.
avatar
WindyHill
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 28
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by Stina on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:04 pm

LittleSniffs, don't you have any farmers markets or anything near you?....nearly every farmer's market I've ever been to has people selling farm fresh eggs! you could also check out www.backyardchickens.com and post there to see if anyone in your area sells eggs. Happy Odds are that there is someone near you, you just don't know where they are!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 391
Join date : 2012-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by WindyHill on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I was just getting ready to say go to backyardchickens.com!
I love that website, the forum is so friendly
avatar
WindyHill
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 28
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by LittleSniffs on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 pm

doganddisc wrote:
LittleSniffs wrote:
doganddisc wrote:What a nice pen! I've always wanted chickens. That looks great! Do you sell the eggs or keep them for yourself?

We had a guy who we got eggs from, you can sure taste the different. It got too much for him and he sold them. Wish I could find someone else to get some from.

There are SO many places in my area where you can get farm fresh eggs. I live on the border of a more rural Connecticut town and attend school at a agricultural college so I'm surrounded by fresh eggs.

I'm sure there are places here, we have Amish not too far. But the guy worked with my hubby so it was super easy to get them lol. I think that has a lot to do with it.
avatar
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 40
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by LittleSniffs on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Stina wrote:LittleSniffs, don't you have any farmers markets or anything near you?....nearly every farmer's market I've ever been to has people selling farm fresh eggs! you could also check out www.backyardchickens.com and post there to see if anyone in your area sells eggs. Happy Odds are that there is someone near you, you just don't know where they are!

Im sure we do, just never looked into it. Thanks! I'll have to go and look at the site :-)
avatar
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 40
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

Re: Chicken Pen all most done! *pics*

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum