A first for me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A first for me

Post by m137b on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:06 pm

My very first pink eye dilute baby. I've had a few pink eye dilutes over the years[3 total] but have never bred one myself, she's surprisingly pretty.
m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Re: A first for me

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I got pink eyed out of Tito (the angora buck I got from you). Took us forever to figure out what had happened there...lol When I bred him to Asplodamouse I got dove splashed, but didn't realize the bub was actually dove for a long time....Ann had adopted her

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:17 pm

She is pretty! I bet when she gets her eyes open more, she'll be a knockout. It is apparent that I have loads of PE dilutes here, hiding as PEWs. Joy. *sarcasm* Have you had any of the ruby-eyed gene pop up yet? ru/ru I think? I've had a couple of ruby-eyed Blues that I thought were PE originally too.

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by m137b on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Stina wrote:I got pink eyed out of Tito (the angora buck I got from you). Took us forever to figure out what had happened there...lol When I bred him to Asplodamouse I got dove splashed, but didn't realize the bub was actually dove for a long time....Ann had adopted her

Did Ann breed her to prove that she was dove?
m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:08 pm

she bred her...but I forget the outcome and it wasn't specifically to prove p/p. However, I don't think it would really have been necessary anyway. I am 100% sure at this point that she was dove.

3 Week Old Mouse by CSBeck, on Flickr
Her color did not match with ANY c-dilute I've ever seen....and her splash was only slightly darker than her diluted color and faded as she matured....which is what happens with splashed p/p mice. The only color she could have been were she c-diluted, based on the splash, is lilac...only with pink eyes she would have had to have been siamese or himi.......and obviously wasn't.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I bred her? I remember this pic, but don't remember the mouse. Do you remember what I named it? Uh, I got up at 3:45 a.m. to take my dad for his surgery. Kinda fuzzy. DAD'S OK!
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 pm

lol....she was Rain.

glad your dad is ok!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm

RAIN! Rain-Rain! I'd forgotten her head spot! Awww, Rain! I have records of her litter. There were several p/p brindles--remember?--and I had no idea what they were but you did! Am brain-fried here, but if you want to know what genes she produced, Cindy, say so and then wait until I get home from PA and I'll look them up and tell you.
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm

oh yeah! I remember now. Yeah, she had a couple dove brindle bubs

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Um, I thought they were "argente", the color the tips of argente fur is. (I must check my records.)
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:55 pm

they'd have to have been dove. If they got A^vy from dad, they would only have been able to get a from Rain.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by m137b on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Gypsy, I doubt she'll be very nice, sweet and adorable, but medicore at best, lol. I've seen pics of dove tan's but never one in person, it is a striking color.

Stina, regardless of what Rain was, I didn't breed her.
m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 pm

I never said you bred Rain......just that Tito carried p since he produced rain, who was p/p. It wasn't a dig or anything...just something I thought of when you mentioned how rarely you've had p/p mice pop up.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by m137b on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I have never a p/p mouse show up in a litter, which is why I still have doubts that Rain was dove. It would make more logical sense that she was a/a cch/c d/d Spl/*. It would account for the pink/red eyes, and the poor splashing.

m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

c^ch will never have pink eyes (and they were definitely pink...my pink eyed mice's eyes always look darker in pics than real life b/c I don't use a flash)....and she definitely wasn't a blue. Her color wasn't even close to the blue based dilutes I've had, or the other blue . c^ch/c d/d is a black eyed silver....which is what I'm working towards and I've never seen one anywhere near the color this mouse was....nor any c-dluted blue for that matter. The splash also wasn't even close to blue, and wasn't just a poor splash, the splash completely dissappeared when she matured. I have and have had blue splashes. She also had dove brindle offspring...ann posted pics on ML when she had the litter.

I am 100% positive that mouse was dove.

Its entirely possible you wouldn't see p/p pop up often if at all...if you were breeding only c-dilutes to c-dilutes....with the p locus linked to the c locus you would only ever have heterozygotes floating around until it was outcrossed to a non c-diluted p/p or P/p mouse or to a mouse with p linked to a c-dilute.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am

m137b wrote:Gypsy, I doubt she'll be very nice, sweet and adorable, but medicore at best, lol. I've seen pics of dove tan's but never one in person, it is a striking color.

Stina, regardless of what Rain was, I didn't breed her.

Mice can be gorgeous even when they aren't typey! I have some pet type Merles who I think are some of the most beautiful looking mice I have had. I had some Dove, Champagne and Silver Tans for a while. I liked them but I couldn't really get them to cooperate, and they kept getting fat on me! Like seriously obese!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum