Dinner After RF?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dinner After RF?

Post by Stina on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:08 am

Anyone interested in getting dinner after RF?...there's a couple places in Hamburg (just up the road)...there's Cracker Barrel (that Melissa and I now know the location of since the last ECMA get together when we did some hunting...lol), Red Robin (www.redrobin.com), Logan's Roadhouse (www.logansroadhouse.com), and a local place in Hamburg that might be tasty called the Westy Bar and Grill (http://www.dineindie.com/TheWestyBarGrill ...there's a pdf menu on here). Thoughts??

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner After RF?

Post by pamszoo on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 am

Since I live in Hamburg here's the lowdown LOL
Cracker Barrel has homestyle cooking. They serve breakfast all day.
Red Robin is a burger joint mostly, they do offer some other stuff salads, fajitas, and limited wraps.
Logans is a steak place. They have a few salmon, and chicken dishes. Service can be lousy sometimes.
The Westy has sandwiches and meals but they are way overpriced, and the food is better at Logans imo.
In the shopping center with Logans, there is also a Five guys burger joint and a chinese buffet.
There is also a Hoss Steakhouse down the street from the farmers market where RF is. Food is good, but its a simple place. They do have a salad bar and soups which are pretty good
Hope that helps Happy
pamszoo
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 am

I would love to meet up for dinner- have to talk to the group I'm traveling with though. If we all agree to go, that would be three or four of us staying for dinner.

Any of the options sound great to me. We have Cracker Barrel and Red Robin up here in CT, never been to Logans, Hoss, or Westy.
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am

I may be up for dinner afterward as well, but I'm very vegetarian now, rather than "mostly". LOL. So anyplace where well rounded veggie plates are offerred. I know Cracker Barrel is good, but I've not been to any of the others. That brewery by the hotel is good too. Mmmmm, beer and salad.....

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Man, am I sorry I'm missing this RF!
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 pm

No way I'm going down towards the hotel this time around....lol

Melissa, all the websites I gave have menus Wink That's why I posted the sites Happy Red robin does have veggie burgers and black bean burgers. I don't know if you are still eating fish and such, but if so, Logans has quite a few seafood dishes.

I haven't been to Logan's yet...but they just opened one here in allentown and I'm dying to try it...lol I love Red Robin (and they have great drinks). Cracker Barrel is ok...but personally I'd prefer one of the others. I listed the Westy b/c I didn't know if anyone would prefer a local place....I've never been but it had pretty decent reviews on trip advisor (though there were only a few...lol). I didn't know about the Hoss....is that new??? Every time there's a show down there we are always looking for a place to eat and never knew about that.

I didn't know we had anyone in Hamburg! Howdy neighbor!!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Nope, no more fish either. Happy I can sometimes be persuaded to indulge in a bivalve or crustacean on occasion, but that's very rare now. Rob won't touch seafood, even though he eats meat, so I don't keep anything around. We are going to New Orleans for vacation next month, so I can show him where I'm from though. I'm kind of torn since good food is everywhere! CRAWFISH!!!!! Embarassed

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 pm

lol...logan's has a bunch of shrimp stuff...**shrug** lol Otherwise, like I said, Red Robin has both veggie and black bean burgers I believe......and unlimited steak fries! (and again...awesome drinks...lol)

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:54 pm

We may be up for dinner after.

I have to wait and see because Logan wants to go see the coal burning town a little north from th RF! LOL But It depends on how much time we spend at RF!
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

coal burning town?

I just looked at red robin's site....they have garden patties and boca vegan patties...which you can replace the regular patties with on any burger...you can even go bunless and have your burger wrapped in lettuce...lol

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 pm

LittleSniffs wrote:We may be up for dinner after.

I have to wait and see because Logan wants to go see the coal burning town a little north from th RF! LOL But It depends on how much time we spend at RF!

I've always wanted to see that too. Literal ghost town!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm

Stina wrote:coal burning town?

I just looked at red robin's site....they have garden patties and boca vegan patties...which you can replace the regular patties with on any burger...you can even go bunless and have your burger wrapped in lettuce...lol

Before I went vegetarian, I used to go "bunless". The people at McD's would look at me so funny when I requested a double cheeseburger, only meat and cheese! Laughing

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 pm

lol!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm

I think the show is going to run from 3pm to 6pm, so we can pack up and head out to dinner around 7pm? Happy
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I MIGHT be in.... BUT I will have to see. Can't leave my dog too long at all.... He is pretty much still a puppy at only one year. If I do go, it would be me and my friend Joann, who alot of you have most likely met or have seen her with me at previous shows and fests. I will let you guys know as time goes on. lol
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 pm

MMMM Food!
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuleeP on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm

doganddisc wrote:I would love to meet up for dinner- have to talk to the group I'm traveling with though. If we all agree to go, that would be three or four of us staying for dinner.

Any of the options sound great to me. We have Cracker Barrel and Red Robin up here in CT, never been to Logans, Hoss, or Westy.

I'm in Wink
JuleeP
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 am

GypsyTails wrote:
LittleSniffs wrote:We may be up for dinner after.

I've always wanted to see that too. Literal ghost town!

Us too. I had a friend go and said it was awesome. We watched all the documentarys on it also. Were intot hat sort of weird stuff! LOL
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 am

Stina wrote:coal burning town?

There is a town, starts with a C, near Ashville I think where there was a trash fire that started the coal under the town to burn. It was back in te early 70s I think, they have tried everything to stop it, but its still going today. In the early 80s they relocated everyone, other then those who wanted to stay. They have since torn down all the buildings but the sidwalks and steps and all are still there, so you can tell where things was. Then the next town over also had to relocate. They even had to re route a highway because the road buckled and smoke comes up from the cracks!

The movie Silent Hill was sorta adopted about it, but throw in some crawling zombies I think they were lol.
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Silent Hill is one of the creepiest movies I own. For me anyway. Happy

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:33 pm

GypsyTails wrote:Silent Hill is one of the creepiest movies I own. For me anyway. Happy

Yea I agree, there is a little more to the movie vs REAL LIFE! LOL
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Wow. That is weird. Thanks for the information. I may need to check it out.
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Centrailia is the town. Very sad they all had to move. Amazing it is still down there smoldering

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

I will join everyone for dinner. Count me in.

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm traveling with Emma so if she's up to it we may stay but it's a long a** drive back Saturday night.
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top