The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would you say this genotype in English?

5 posters

Go down

How would you say this genotype in English? Empty How would you say this genotype in English?

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

A^vy/a c^ch/c^ch s/s Spl/*

How about this one:
A^vy/a c^ch/c^e s/s Spl/*

And this:
A^vy/ae c^ch/c^ch s.s Spl/*
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

How would you say this genotype in English? Empty Re: How would you say this genotype in English?

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:49 pm

first and last easiest would be chinchillated brindle tricolors (a^e is going to be recessive to A^vy and isn't likely to affect the appearance at all)...IF you can tell the difference between the c^ch/c^e and c^ch/c^ch "versions" the c^ch/c^e I'd probably call mud brindle tricolor...lol There isn't really any "simple" name for them.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

How would you say this genotype in English? Empty Re: How would you say this genotype in English?

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm

So, "chinchillated" instead of "chinchilla"? I thought one option would be "chinchilla brindle tricolor". There are brown brindles and blue brindles, so I figure the "chinchilla" would precede the "brindle". There are blue tricolors, etc., so the "chinchilla" would go before the "tricolor".

Yeah, and I was hoping there was a nicer term than "mud" for c^ch/c^e, but I know that's what it's called. Sheesh! My new breeding goal! Mud brindle tricolors and chinchillated brindle tricolors!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:03 pm

since "chinchilla" is an actual color, I prefer to use chinchillated.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:14 pm

...I feel like I posted on this thread. Did I get modded, or did my computer eat the post?

Anyway, I would also have said that the simple answer is chinchillated brindle tri, or chinchillated pied brindle splashed (if you're uncomfortable using the word tri with animals that are very poor examples).

More specifically, though:

1) Chinchillated brindle tri or chinchillated pied brindle splashed
2) Mock chocolate brindle tri or mock chocolate pied brindle splashed
3) Chinchillated brindle tri carrying extreme non-agouti or chinchillated pied brindle splashed
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Your computer must have eaten the post, to answer your question. tongue
If a post of yours is ever deleted, you will receive a PM with why, where, and a copy of the deleted post. Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Oh wow. I bred chinchillated agouti in the past. A chinchillated brindle? What do they look like? Picture Ann? Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 am

Pix of chinchillated brindles when I get them! I had been breeding for extreme dilute brindle tris and discovered they are too light, so I'm going darker. But if you want to know...Mrs. Beach, the mouse in my avatar, is probably c^ch/c^e or chinchillated brindle. The tri part would be orange brindle patches in addition to the chinchillated brindle patches, and white patches. THIS IS MY BREEDING GOAL. I am one generation away from having extreme dilute brindle tris, but I need to cross in c^ch now. My next generation should be some fairly decent c^ch/c^e brindle tris.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 am

Ah! Ok. Lol.
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum