The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An update on zee mice and I

3 posters

Go down

An update on zee mice and I Empty An update on zee mice and I

Post by JuleeP Fri May 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Sorry I've been quiet, I've been busy! I lost a couple of mice in the move (they went from RF to a house I'd been staying at, lived there for just over a week, then moved again to my house in Kent, an hour away), but everyone else is doing well. I've discovered that I'm allergic to them- but only some of them, which is kind of odd. I'm keeping an eye on the situation before I make any decisions, changing what bedding they're on, different foods, etc; to see if it makes any difference. I love them all desperately (especially Briar!), so I really don't want to part with any if I can find a solution. I have no litters planned currently, as I'd like to figure this stuff out first.

Embyr (black lab mix service dog that was present) and I enjoyed meeting y'all!
JuleeP
JuleeP
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

An update on zee mice and I Empty Re: An update on zee mice and I

Post by kawmice Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

I am soooo sorry to hear that you lost a few mice in the move. Sad And I am sorry you seem to be allergic to them. I am actually allergic to Aspen bedding, but use it at all events. lol Try switching them to paper based for a while and see if you are still having issues. You may be allergic of some kind of bedding they had come into contact with. Also check to make sure they do not have mites. I know some people can be allergic to outside parasites, such as mites. I know my mice have mites before I even see them. I break out and a few of my cats do as well. Luckily I have not had that problem for a few years now. lol

It was nice to meet you and Embyr as well! She is such a sweet dog! Sorry Chewie was so afraid of her and her gear. He was terrified of all the service dogs there that day. He has never reacted that way before to any dog. Even that night a dog came out of no where while I had him out for a walk. The dog startled him but he did not react poorly at all. And he ran at Chewie's face. lol

Glad you had a good time at rodent fest!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by JuleeP Fri May 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I've checked, no mites as far as I can tell. I have them on hay, currently, and I'm doing slightly better with that! I'm hopeful.

Meh, no big deal. I thought it was Em at first, and I was super confused and corrected her... she gave me a "WTF woman?" look and then looked at him and I figured it out hahaha. He was so handsome!
JuleeP
JuleeP
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Fri May 18, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm glad you like Briar Happy I have his brother here and he is a sweet cuddle bud. I will remember to send you the pedigree too, I've been really busy also. I thought the dogs at the show were very well behaved and their owners had nice control over them. I volunteer at the school kennel where we have 20 dogs, and 25 cats...some of them need a lesson in mannors, hee hee.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks Julee! He is my baby!

And thanks Beth! all the dogs were well behaved.

Chewie was afraid of Embyr and got defensive once, but after I corrected him and calmed him down (he was freaked) he was fine the rest of the day. Lol he is really good at events. I really lucked out with him. He is my baby!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by JuleeP Fri May 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Is he imported?
JuleeP
JuleeP
Fuzzy