The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go

+11
thistlebrook
LittleSniffs
Love2read
Laigaie
Mrs. Beach
Rhasputin
kawmice
doganddisc
seafolly
mouselover01
tinyhartmouseries
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go - Page 5 Empty Re: Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go

Post by Rhasputin Sun May 27, 2012 12:50 pm

The mice will be arriving on Monday, then? Do we have an estimated arrival time? Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go - Page 5 Empty Re: Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go

Post by Laigaie Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

No, the mice will not be arriving Monday! I am picking them up from Emma on Monday.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun May 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Ah! Okay! Got it!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Sun May 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Am I the only one here thinking that it would be best if the mice went to ANN? scratch
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun May 27, 2012 9:00 pm

That's what I was saying, too. tongue
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Sun May 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Candycorn- This is totally off-topic, but what does the little skull next to your "Achievements" mean? I just noticed it...
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun May 27, 2012 10:58 pm

The skulls are board warnings.
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Sun May 27, 2012 11:09 pm

So people get skulls when they've done something wrong? Interesting...
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon May 28, 2012 12:32 am

OK by me. Would Elena be making the arrangements? I hope someone would talk to me before they are shipped to make sure I am available to meet them at the right time at BWI airport.

Yes, Laigaie! Pied Dark is my tri doe, and thank you for reassuring me she'll be in that shipment! You've made me very happy! I am grateful to you and to all the people who are making this work.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 am

I would feel better if my guy went to Ann as well. Also will be easier to pick up. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon May 28, 2012 3:19 am

Hey All, lots of work done on this since I checked in on Friday.

I will still have Dark Dark, Ann's very dark tri buck for adoption. Any takers?

Ann, i've not heard tell of the PEW's and I am unlikely to communicate on that topic. I'd imagine they are being kept.

Honestly, i am sure that Laigaie will ship to whomever she feels comfortable shipping to. I don't play a part in drama games personally, but the best person to receive the mice, IMO, is one we are all comfortable with.

Also, I don't feel that I like the skulls at all. Warnings ought to be private reminders done through PM, not public embarrassment/shaming.

Thank you again, giantly, to to really awesome contributor to this shipment. You've no idea how you have helped here.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Mon May 28, 2012 12:15 pm

The shipment that's been arranged with me is not to BWI. If that is the destination you guys prefer, I'd be fine with that, but someone's going to have to call AA and get the flight schedule, and whoever's picking up at the airport needs to get me their full name, address, phone number, and mousery name. All that info goes on the airway bill. You'll have to show ID upon pickup, so it has to be the person who's scheduled it with me, or someone who has power of attorney for that person.

Also, the skulls are pretty, imo, and I'd rather have one of those than the GIANT contributor banner. Evil Maybe I'm just a little goth on the weekends.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon May 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Mouselover01 has been in contact with me and I know the plan, now. The mice get shipped to her, and whatever she says, goes. I'm just here as needed, but basically out of the picture.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Mon May 28, 2012 8:15 pm

I picked up the mice headed for the plane today, and boy! They're real lookers! I know I've got the two PEWs, Pied Dark, the two (apparently not three because there weren't as many as she'd thought) Siamese does, and some mice for NEMice, too. Adding to that JFF VanGogh, 2 RI siamese bucks, 1 JFF black merle fox texel buck, and Ossington's black doe, it looks like there are six does and four bucks going onto the plane.

My plan was to pop them into the case as so:
Casey's 2 PEW (Does)
MBBE Pied Dark (Doe) + Ossington's Black Doe
? Siamese Doe A with Coco Lopez (Siamese buck)
? Siamese Doe B with Coco Real (Siamese buck)
JFF Van Gogh (Buck)
JFF Black Merle Fox Texel Buck

That's exactly as many of the right-sized water bottles I've got, and while we could put all four of the single does together, there's no need to.

Also, who did these Siamese come from originally? I know the longhaired satin one I got is petshop, but the other three. Also, as an aside, one of the two Siamese does going onto the plane is foxed, fwiw.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon May 28, 2012 8:39 pm

I think the Siamese were bred by m137b--Cindy. Emma should be able to confirm this. I will point out, just in case the information is useful, that MBBE Pied Dark used to live in a large colony with Casey's 2 PEW does and if room-mates need to be rearranged, she could go with both or either. I understand the room-mate assignments are ideal at this time.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Mon May 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Are there any fuzzies in the group??? I need females. Angora fuzzies?? Let me know. Robin

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm

No fuzzies or angora fuzzies in the group. Actually, they're all standard coated, except the texel buck.

If any mice get added to the box, I'll keep in mind Pied Dark and Casey's PEWs affinity.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

I will check on what I have. If I have a fuzzy doe I'll pass her along for you/figure out how to get her to you.
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks everyone for working on this with me and Maggie!
I am thrilled that after next weekend meeting with littleloves, there will no longer be millions of extra mice in my spare bathroom.

THANK YOU LOVETOREAD for the lovely mice you've sent me.

I LOVE MY AY!!!!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 am

Although I'm a little bummed I wasn't able to partake in such beautiful mice; I think it is awesome how everyone came together to help Emma out. Kudos to all! Cheer
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a heads up and let you all know that they made it here safe and sound!

I'm planning with Stina to give her the mice for Christine and Ann!

I'll take some photos once I get them organized in cages Happy
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Yay, my babies have returned! They are in great shape! Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Well, of course they are! Emma and I took excellent care of them. Mostly Emma. Big smile

Final cost of the flight: 204.
Gasoline to Parsons, KS to pick up: free.
Gasoline cost to and from the airport: 30.
Discounted cost to recoup some of crate cost: 30.
Food, mite sprayage, etc: free.
Total cost: 264

Received 291 from rena. 291-264=27. $27 refunded via Paypal just now.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Brilliant job! Bravo!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by renapopma Wed May 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Wonderful. Thank you for your service to the sweet mice!

renapopma
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next