The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RODENTFEST - Show

3 posters

Go down

RODENTFEST - Show Empty RODENTFEST - Show

Post by candycorn Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Okay so last years show was not the best example of a good mouse show...but it was still super fun and exciting to see the best of the best.
I would like to see us have a show again this April. BUT I know the biggest problem is that we don't really have anyone who feels qualified to judge.

HOWEVER...we do have several people who feel up to sorta judging.
So here is my suggestion. I say we have a juried show. Using a panel of 3 judges. By doing this everyone can still show their mice (even if you vote for yourself...you will only win if others agree that you have the best) and it will just be good fun. We won't use the poorly done point system...but instead use the 3 judges to discuss among themselves using the guidelines of the AFRMA standards to choose the best of the categories. If everyone agrees that this sounds good...I will ask 2 more volunteers to come forward and then we can decide more details.

I will volunteer to run it, provide prizes, and be one of the three judges (if that is okay with everyone). I would for a dollar per entry (or 5 or more entries for 5 dollars) to cover the prizes. I will make a photography area to record the winners...and we can have a great time!

I know there have got to be other breeders who are just PLAN frustrated with the lack of shows outside of California! This is our chance when we have so many of us together!

What do you think?
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

RODENTFEST - Show Empty Re: RODENTFEST - Show

Post by littlelovesmousery Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:59 pm

I can't make it to RF this year because it's too far to travel with a 2 month old, but I think a panel of judges sounds like a great idea. It would eliminate anyone accusing someone else of being bias. Dang, now I really wish I could go just to get some show experience on some of my mice Sad
littlelovesmousery
littlelovesmousery
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Sounds really good, Tara! Go for it! I'll enter mice! I've only experienced one mouse show, ever, and would love to do another one.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down