The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's gotta be someone out there..

2 posters

Go down

There's gotta be someone out there.. Empty There's gotta be someone out there..

Post by jturner Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:55 pm

A couple of times this year I have posted a topic about mice squeaking and chirping while they sleep. I have a mouse that does this. No one has replied to my post, but I can't believe he is the only mouse in the world that chirps and squeaks while he sleeps. There's gotta be someone out there who has experienced this.
jturner
jturner
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

There's gotta be someone out there.. Empty Re: There's gotta be someone out there..

Post by Laigaie Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Sorry. I have no experience with this. :/ Did that mouse have a respiratory issue when younger? That could cause some lifelong lung noises, even though the mouse is still healthy.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

There's gotta be someone out there.. Empty Thank you

Post by jturner Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I got him when he was five weeks old. I don't think I noticed the sleeping chirps until he was about a year old, this past Spring. He squeaks and chirps when awake also, when I approach his cage or give him food. He's very tame. He seems healthy. Maybe I should find a pocket pet vet around here to check him out.
jturner
jturner
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

There's gotta be someone out there.. Empty Re: There's gotta be someone out there..

Post by Laigaie Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 am

Some mice are just noisier than others. I suspect it's not a matter of a greater quantity of vocalizations, but simply more vocalizations being made in registers that hit human hearing. I've not got one myself, but I've heard of others with chatty mice, particularly bucks.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jturner Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 am

That's interesting.  Some days it seems like the little guy never shuts up.  Maybe someone out there has another chatty mouse.  Thanks
jturner
jturner
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum