The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My chinchillas

3 posters

Go down

My chinchillas Empty My chinchillas

Post by inkeduptara Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Here is my nut, he is a tan white, Fuzzy. He hates, and I mean hates anything with fur at all. He weaned himself at 4 weeks by beating up his own mom, the breeder said.

My chinchillas Fuzzy2153

This is Nickel, he is not real friendly but never bites. I got him from a 17 year old who was breeding as a project I think, and was moving to college. He has great lines, but is a retired male here. We are rescue only with chinnies.
My chinchillas Fuzzy2046

this is mickey. He is a sweetie. He came with Tiny. He is another sweet boy and is very vocal and often sings to us

My chinchillas DSCN8356

Here is Peanut. She is a rescue too. She came from a terrible hoarding situation in Arlington

My chinchillas Peanut062

This is tiny, she is a fur chewer, she also only has 3 legs, she is missing a back leg, a previous injury before me. She is about half the size of a normal chin due to bad breeding. She had a cage mate who was missing a front paw, but she was old and they were both not taken the best care of, and she got ill and nothing we did helped her and we lost her Sad

My chinchillas DSCN3640

Here is Monki, she came from a rescue in ohio. We drove out half way to meet her and another chinchilla forum member drove her to us. She is super friendly and vibrates when you pet her. She is a goof and likes to sleep in my jacket.

My chinchillas Monkey035

Last but not least is Momma. She has a hernia, but gets along quite well. We modified her cage to be on the floor so she has floor space and not a lot of jumping, with the hernia we limit that. She is the most affectionate chin I have ever met, and will never turn down lovin from anyone!!

My chinchillas IMG_8263

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

My chinchillas Empty Re: My chinchillas

Post by doganddisc Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Oh how cute are they!

Nickel is absolutely gorgeous!

Do you actively rescue Chinchillas and adopt them out or do you usually just take them in an keep them?

I think I would have a hard time going anywhere if I were you. It's so cute in the house, why leave?
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 pm

I take them in with the intention of rehoming, but often there is something wrong with them and I have to keep them, well I feel compelled to keep them and take care of them. I do, however go on railroads, which you guys call trains lol. We have moved chins from Canada rescues to homes in NC, and Louisiana. Most people travel a few hours each way and it takes a week or 2, with all the schedules but I like to pitch in and help.

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 pm

I hail from the dog rescue world- we have "rescue railroads" as well. (I don't know why "Rodent Railroad" never caught on- that's kind of catchy!).

It's great that you take such good care of them!
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks for sharing pictures of your babies! I rescue cats. Happy
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks ladies. I love all fluffies, but chins tug at my heart. Thanks about Nickel. He is a violet. Looks like a mako shark lol

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum