The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headaches- must we

+7
tinyhartmouseries
Zia
Rhasputin
kawmice
LittleSniffs
thistlebrook
inkeduptara
11 posters

Go down

Headaches- must we Empty Headaches- must we

Post by inkeduptara Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Oh how I hate them!!!! I have them often, and are almost always sinus headaches!! Why must there be such terrible things!!!!!! Good thing I have fuzzy animals to help keep me happy!!

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Headaches- must we Empty Re: Headaches- must we

Post by thistlebrook Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:17 pm

I feel your pain. I get sinus headaches quite often and they make me feel so terrible. I usually end up having to just attempt to sleep (I say attempt because sometimes the pain is so bad I can't fall asleep) because I can hardly function let alone enjoy watching tv, being on the computer, etc. Concerned
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Omg, trying to use the computer with it is the worst. I think I need to open some windows and get fresh air in here.

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 am

I have sinus issue's a lot, it's only going to get worse with spring coming :-(

Hope you feel better!
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:03 am

Oh man...... so very sorry!!!! Does Excedrin help? I hardly ever need to use it but when I get a REALLY bad headache it usually helps. Don't know about a sinus headache though. Sad So sorry guys!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 am

kawmice wrote:Oh man...... so very sorry!!!! Does Excedrin help? I hardly ever need to use it but when I get a REALLY bad headache it usually helps. Don't know about a sinus headache though. Sad So sorry guys!

I live on iburprofen which can end me up with a migraine, if i take too much. Vicious cycle, :/

Thanks, I had to laugh, I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection and I have a sore red throat this am and a pain in my ear. Must be viral, but I want a break now lol

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

So sorry to hear that! Take some tea (no milk) and add a halls cough drop to it. It is fantastic for a sore throat when melted in tea. I hate halls - but like then in tea. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 am

LOl that ought to be an interesting flavor

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:57 am

Hehe! It is not all that bad. Lol.
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:57 am

Plus I still add my sugar
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 pm

You can buy throat relief tea, and it kind of tastes like a cough drop crossed with licorice, with lemon added.

It's not awful, it's kind of addicting once you realize how much it helps!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 pm

i will look in to these options, I am not sure why it even hurts, it makes my ear hurt and my cheek hurts too, to the touch, silly cold germs!!!

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm

I also like goody's headache powder, waaaaay better than pills. Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Tell more more about this powder!

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 pm

!!!

It's great stuff. Put some water or juice in your mouth, open the little packet, and dump it in and swallow quick. It tastes bad if it hits your tongue, but it works SO fast!
You can also mix it into your drink (preferably something strong tasting) and just drink it.

http://www.goodyspowder.com/HowToTake.aspx

You should be able to find it at any drug stores. Goody's is what I get, but there's also BC headache powder. Happy

Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Awesome thank you!!!!

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 am

I get terrible pressure headaches as well. If I catch them early enough, I can knock them out without Tylenol, but that has to be as soon as I feel one coming on. If not, I have to use...well... I think it's Excedrin! lol It's the store brand of "headache relief" but I've figured out what really helps that's in it is the aspirin. If I don't do anything at all about them, they start to get some of the symptoms of a migraine. >.<

I had a "friend" who is in med school get on his high horse and tell me that there are "no such things as pressure headaches". Especially not ones affected by the weather (which mine are). If I could have reached through the computer and strangled him, I think I might have.
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:03 pm

For several years I was getting migranes a couple times a month that involved blackouts or throwing up or both! It was really hellish. I've been feeling better lately, going about 6 months without, incidentally, after I lost a lot of weight. I wonder if it's related to pressure on your frame/spine.
Sadly, my husband still has headaches almost every day. I hope all of you are feeling good!!!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzle Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:22 pm

There are also certain additives in foods that can cause migraines. A classmate went on this month long diet of unprocessed foods to learn about what did it for her, and it included MSG, high sodium, and a couple other things. Tinyhart, did you change your diet at all to loose the weight? It could be if you're excluding or minimizing what you used to eat, you are no longer putting in whatever triggered your headaches.

My mom also has migraine problems, some foods and strong smells do it for her (heavy perfume, spray paint, cigarette smoke, etc...). I got lucky, and only certain perfumes and the detergents section in stores mess with my head.
Frizzle
Frizzle
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Well I certainly did change the diet, included mostly most fruits and veggies and steered clear of the processed stuff. I believe firmly now in avoiding a lot of that processed stuff.
I am way too sensitive to life, lol, perfumes and detergents are bad for me too! I actually make my own soap and lotions because even the sensitive skin stuff dries me out. Hissy fit
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Ouch! Darn, I hate sinus issues! I have them too, though they are nothing compared to what I used to get. I used to have all manner of auto-immune issues. In my early 20's I was on 22+ medications! Now I'm on 2! And those are just to keep me from "killing" stupid people. Ha!

Some suggestions too: avoid MSG, even just plain salt too. Drink plenty of water and keep as "natural" as you can when it comes to anything scented, even soaps and shampoos. When it comes to medications, less is more. Feel free to tell smokers to get the heck away from you when smoking. If you can, eat less meat, dairy, and highly processed foods especially wheat and soy products containing gluten. Also avoid excess sugar. All of these things can weaken the immune system in some people (like me!) or just plain cause problems for seemingly no reason.

Stay strong!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Most of my head aches tend to be sinus related, usually due to a strong perfume or cologne or just rancid laundry detergent smells. I have to stick to Tide to do wash, its the only one that isnt too bad on my head, and I cant wear half the perfume I could 10 years ago. No one at work can wear it either, because it might set my head aches off....

We work in a hospital and they shouldnt be putting that much on anyway. I have yet another one today which I think is pollen related.

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm

I think I mostly get tension headaches.

I told the doctor that I had a headache and he said "I bet I can tell you where it is". He came over and poked RIGHT where the pain was.

He said it was a tension headache and told me to tilt my head left right and down and relax.

I get headaches there a lot as well as in my eyes. I think I strain on the computer but the eye doctor said my eyesight is better than 20/20, closer to 20/15 or better.

I think I just stare too intensely at the computer screen lolol
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

inkeduptara wrote:Most of my head aches tend to be sinus related, usually due to a strong perfume or cologne or just rancid laundry detergent smells. I have to stick to Tide to do wash, its the only one that isnt too bad on my head, and I cant wear half the perfume I could 10 years ago. No one at work can wear it either, because it might set my head aches off....

We work in a hospital and they shouldnt be putting that much on anyway. I have yet another one today which I think is pollen related.

Sinus/allergies can be worsened by a compromised immune system too. I'll probably always be allergic to scents and dyes, like most allergy sufferers, but thank heavens I am no longer crippled by them! Happy

BTW, yesterday's pollen count down here SUCKED! I bet it's nasty up there too! I was sniffling and scratching my eyes so much before bed, I didn't think I would be able to sleep. Thankfully, it rained over night so it isn't floating around so much today. Ugh. Time to track down some local honey, huh?

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by onceuponamousery Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:32 am

I use to get horrible sinus head aches, then I went to a allergist and found out I was allergic to dust, started shots and now very very rarely have a head ache, always worth a shot!

onceuponamousery
Hopper
Hopper

http://reginanjacobsmousehouse.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum