The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are your fav movies?

+5
GypsyTails
Rhasputin
doganddisc
LittleSniffs
kawmice
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what are your fav movies? Empty what are your fav movies?

Post by kawmice Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:42 pm

So- what are some of your favorite movies? Series?
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

what are your fav movies? Empty Re: what are your fav movies?

Post by LittleSniffs Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:51 pm

The exorcist, omen, , twister, day after tomorrow, lake house and hitch are just some of the favs I can watch over and over!

As for shows there are too many to name, The Colony starts soon, we all watch that together. We also watch Grimm, Unforgettable, Revenge, CSI NY, and Gifted Man, just to name a few. I think Deadliest Catch and Storm Chasers starts soon, we watch them too. See told you too many! LOL

I've tried to catch Awake and Touched, but I worked both night so I need to catch up on comcast!
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:12 am

Great movies!!

ok.....a few of my favorites include

Holloween, Jason (older, orgional ones), .......... Transformers, Fast and Furious (all of them), Hills Have Eyes, Jeepers Creepers, Saw (all of them)...... hmmmm....... my mind is on brain freeze right now. grrrrr........... I like the marvel movies (Iron Man, Thor, ect), Dante's Peak, the list goes on and on.

I like most all adam sandler and Vi Disiel films, except for Drunk Punch Lovem which in my opinion should be burned. lol

I WANT to see Dream House and Silent House. lol Also never saw paranormal activity and I want to.

I am BIG into Anime!!!! Some of my favorite anime include Bleach, 12 Kingdoms, Fushigi Yugi, Gundam Wing, and the list can go on forever!!!! lol

Series- I do not get to watch much due to me sleeping all day and working nights. I LOVE Dexter, Angel, Buffy, and I want to watch True Blood and that vombie one?? Dam.... This is what happens when I end my shift at work - brain refuses to work!!! lol I have also always been in Zena and Hercules.

I may add more as my brain wakes up! Sleep
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 am

I do like watching CSI and other such shows.

ohhohh....... have you guys seen Mind Hunters!!??
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:38 am

I love love LOVE Revenge Happy

Favorite movies are too many to list- but Lord of the Rings and the Marvel movies are definites. And X-Men.
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:31 am

The Fountain, and He was a quiet man!

Christine, did you watch the Hellsing anime?
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:47 pm

I LOVE Hellsing! I have the whole series! Lol

It is a great anime
Another one of my absolute favorite anime is Vampire Knight
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Did you watch Hellsing Ultimate?
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Rhasputin wrote:The Fountain, and He was a quiet man!

Christine, did you watch the Hellsing anime?

Yay! Someone else has heard of those 2 movies! I liked Painted Veil too. I think it came out roughly the same time as The Fountain. I love Edward Norton!

I worked at Blockbuster Video for 5 years, give or take a few months, in addition to my main job. I was a manager towards the end, so I've seen about every single store release up until early 2011. Lol.

My favorite types of movies and shows are either Cerebral or Horror. I know! Weird combination! I also love the occasional wacky comedy or caper film- Death to Smoochy, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Layer Cake. I love Wes Anderson's films- The Darjeeling Limited especially. I even love David Lynch, Eraser Head being my favorite classic. However, I've never made it to the end of Inland Empire. Lol. Foreign horror movies are awesome- The Orphanage being my most favorite fairly recent one. But my absolute favorite horror genre is 1970's Italian zombie flicks. Lucio Fulci is my favorite, but I love Dario Argento too. (Don't get me started on his daughter, Asia, though!) For shows I love Dexter, Californication and Doctor Who. We're almost done with the entire Star Trek series. Plugging through Deep Space Nine currently. Torchwood, Jericho, Ancient Aliens, Ghost Adventures are what I'm watching without my other half. Not his thing or what he's already seen. Oh, and for radio programs I'm into Darkness Radio with Dave- anything paranormal really! I listen to podcasts at work since I can't ever seem to catch his show.

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Ohh Ohh! The imaginarium of Dr.Parnassus!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Oh man....so many movies and shows....so little time...lol

My favorite genres tend to be suspense and comedy... some of my favorites include What Lies Beneath, the Ocean's movies, the Pirate's of the Caribbean movies, ANYTHING with Ewan McGregor (but especially Moulin Rouge), Benny & Joon, Halloween, the Blue Collar Comedy Tour movies, West Side Story, the Transformers Movies, My Fair Lady, the Indiana Jones Movies, the James Bond movies, The Incredible Mr. Limpett, The Last Unicorn, the Flight of Dragons, the Sixth Sense, the Lord of the Rings movies, the Lion King, Ferngully, the Jeff Dunham specials, Young Frankenstein, Mony Python and the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, Billy Madson, Tommy Boy, the Princess Bride, Little Shop of Horrors (the 1986 remake with rick moranis and others), The Secrets of Nimh, Fools Rush In, the Whole 9 Yards, Clerks, All of Me, the Jerk, the Ghost and the Darkness, Office Space, the 40 Year Old Virgin, Hitch, the Last of the Mohicans, Caddyshack, the Boondock Saints, Three Amigos, When Harry met Sally, the Gods Must be Crazy, Underworld, A Lot Like Love, the Crow, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Serenity, Shrek, Just Friends, Silence of the Lambs, the Fifth Element, Along Came a Spider, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, 50 First Dates, Ice Age, From Dusk Till Dawn, All Dogs go to Heaven, Easy A, Talladega Nights, The Producers (both...though honestly I prefer the new one with mathew broderick and nathan lane), Madagascar, Misery, the Chronicles of Narnia movies..................I'm sure there's others I've missed...lol I went through my Netflix 5 star ratings and chose my favorites...lol

For tv, my current favorites are House, Bones, Castle, Grimm, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Kitchen Nightmares, Fringe, NCIS, Family Guy, Glee, Modern Family, New Girl, Terra Nova (stupid cancelling Fox bastards....), and Smash (I watch some other stuff too though) Of stuff I can't really watch as often (at least new seasons) anymore (b/c all we have is hulu and netflix...and b/c I don't usualy watch the stuff that's web only...lol), or that's older... Firefly, the Simpsons, half the shows on the Food Network, Pushing Daisies, Lie to Me, Futurama, Dollhouse, 30 Rock, Mythbusters, South Park (not the entire series....they had a few crappy years in there...lol), Monk, River Monsters, Private Practice, Married with Children....and again I'm sure there's others I've missed....

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Wow Stina- you named a lot if my favorites as well!!!! Happy did you see the last underworld yet? How was it? I am dying to see it!!

And yup! I saw hellsing ultimate! I have that too. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Other classics - children of the corn and Amityville.
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Movies: Grease, Dirty Dancing, Heathers, Steel Magnolias, ALL of the Harry Potter Movies and the Lord of the Ring series.

TV shows

Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Switched at Birth, Face Off.

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 pm

oooh grease...so classic! lol

Christine, no, I haven't seen the newest underworld yet!!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 am

kawmice wrote:Wow Stina- you named a lot if my favorites as well!!!! Happy did you see the last underworld yet? How was it? I am dying to see it!!

Same here!!! too bad we live all over, we could have a movie night lol
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 am

kawmice wrote:Other classics - children of the corn and Amityville.

YES! Forgot Amityville. I also like the newer version too.
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:59 am

Littlesniffs....the 3 of us actually aren't THAT far separated...lol Christine is on Staten Island (right?...lol), I'm in Allentown, PA, and you're just in MD....heh

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by inkeduptara Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 am

Hey, Allentown! That is close to me!! Happy

inkeduptara
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 am

doganddisc wrote:I love love LOVE Revenge Happy

Favorite movies are too many to list- but Lord of the Rings and the Marvel movies are definites. And X-Men.

I don't know about Revenge, but I completely love LoTR and anything Marvel. I'm taking off work on May 4th so I can see the Avengers multiple times that first day it's out. And it's a good thing The Hobbit comes out this December, otherwise I'd probably be in a bit of a funk from not having any movies to truly look forward to after the Avengers is over.

I'm kind of sad the superhero phase is ending for Hollywood (for now), but I guess it's good to keep stories from getting turned to crud. Most people can't seem to stomach more than just one movie of a series or they overstay their welcome, kind of like how a lot of people I know complain about any X-Men movie after the 2nd one. I don't complain though, I love them all. Wolverine is one of my favorite fictional characters, and comic book movies are just fun to watch. I always wonder if the people who complain about the stories the comic based movies tell actually read comics. Sure you have a couple amazing series, but by and large plots and jokes generally get just as unbelievable/bad in the books as in the movies, but that's part of the fun to me lol.

Other movies I adore are V for Vendetta, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (that's the first one), Disney Movies, 90% of all Musicals I've ever seen (I love musicals!), and the Indiana Jones movies. I love the Harry Potter books, and the movies are kind of growing on me (grudgingly). I'm not really a huge fan of Tim Burton anymore, but I do love Sweeney Todd still. And as for random movies I just watch, Netflix tells me I prefer "critically acclaimed violent sci-fi and fantasy"... and they're just about right! I also love most action movies that take place in a historic setting, even if the story isn't true to life. Give me a bloody sword battle over explosions any day lol.

I also don't watch series of stuff very much, but Netflix has gotten me watching more of them. I love Big Bang Theory, and through Netflix I've fallen in love with BBC Sherlock and BBC Being Human.
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 am

Zia wrote:
I'm kind of sad the superhero phase is ending for Hollywood (for now), but I guess it's good to keep stories from getting turned to crud. Most people can't seem to stomach more than just one movie of a series or they overstay their welcome, kind of like how a lot of people I know complain about any X-Men movie after the 2nd one. I don't complain though, I love them all. Wolverine is one of my favorite fictional characters, and comic book movies are just fun to watch. I always wonder if the people who complain about the stories the comic based movies tell actually read comics. Sure you have a couple amazing series, but by and large plots and jokes generally get just as unbelievable/bad in the books as in the movies, but that's part of the fun to me lol.

Me too. I am most excited to see Thor in the Avengers since he was my favorite Marvel movie character to date.

How did you feel about X-Men First Class? I thought personally that it was the best one they've made yet. (Though I did love the second X-Men).

I also don't watch series of stuff very much, but Netflix has gotten me watching more of them. I love Big Bang Theory, and through Netflix I've fallen in love with BBC Sherlock and BBC Being Human.

Oh gosh I LOVE Big Bang Theory. I can watch old episodes over and over. I have friends trying to me into Sherlock and I watched Being Human for awhile (ended up spending more time on Doctor Who and Torchwood though). Great shows!

doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 am

doganddisc wrote:
Me too. I am most excited to see Thor in the Avengers since he was my favorite Marvel movie character to date.

How did you feel about X-Men First Class? I thought personally that it was the best one they've made yet. (Though I did love the second X-Men).

I loved it just like all the others! lol People were complaining about continuity between First Class and the old movies, but there really wasn't supposed to be any since it was supposed to be more of a reboot/re-imaging than a prequel. I love the origin stories and getting to know character's backgrounds, and I think First Class was overall really well done. My only complaint is a personal one, and it's that if I see an actor in a role I really like, that's how I think of them forever. So it wasn't Charles Xavier to me... it was Mr. Tumnus from Narnia lol. I can forgive that though. XD

Thor is without a doubt my favorite of the Avengers lead up movies too. I have loved Norse mythology for years, and Marvel Thor is one of my favorite comic characters. I was so worried that when the movie came out they'd mess it up, cause Thor is really a hard character to do. They nailed it though, and I love that movie to pieces. I love the others as well, but Thor was just extra awesome.

Thanks a lot, now I have to watch it when I go home! lol

Oh gosh I LOVE Big Bang Theory. I can watch old episodes over and over. I have friends trying to me into Sherlock and I watched Being Human for awhile (ended up spending more time on Doctor Who and Torchwood though). Great shows!

I didn't get into Big Bang until well into the show, so I love watching old episodes when I can find them. Sherlock took a while for me to warm up to, but once I did it's really awesome. Everyone and their mother seems to be watching Doctor Who, I guess I need to actually give that a go one day lol.
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:53 am

Oh yea!!!! Other comic book/ marvel fans!!!

I LOVED Thor! And I am DYING to see the avengers!!!! Lol. And Wolverine has always been my favorite. Thor is second.

I love Greek/ Norse mythology. Always have. I would live to see Aries or Posidan in a modern movie. Lol.

I have yet to see first class. Maybe I should rent it from netflix. Lol oh wait- I think my brother has it!

I also love grease, Lord of the Rings, interview with the vampire, Harry Potter, and I love the Narnia series.

Stina- I am in Bayonne, NJ right by NYC. Close enough! It would be nice to get together and just hang out. Maybe we should one day. Lol. It would be fun. Happy

kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Zia wrote:Everyone and their mother seems to be watching Doctor Who, I guess I need to actually give that a go one day lol.

I loved the Doctor Who with David Tennant in it but just can't get into the current doctor. Definitely worth watching though.

I really liked Starz reboot of Torchwood last year too so if you haven't watched that, you should. GREAT show. You don't need to have seen previous seasons to understand what is going on in that season.
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:48 am

Stina wrote:Littlesniffs....the 3 of us actually aren't THAT far separated...lol Christine is on Staten Island (right?...lol), I'm in Allentown, PA, and you're just in MD....heh

Yea, your right!

I'm in the corner of MD, I'm 5 minutes from both PA and DE. Mrs. Beach is about 2 and a half hours from me too. So were not too far from each other.

Maybe we can plan something this summer!
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum