The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piebald Black and Self Self Wanted

4 posters

Go down

Piebald Black and Self Self Wanted Empty Piebald Black and Self Self Wanted

Post by bethmccallister Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

My wish list is very small at the moment. I NEED any black self (decent type) doe or buck or both that doesn't carry chocolate or RY. I've been working on an extreme black/black line in order to get good out crosses to my blues. My blues are mealy but decent. I've had chocolate popping up now in all the litters..errr. I don't want lilac mice so no chocolate can ever touch my blues! Right now my blues are only carrying c and p and I'm pretty happy about that but might start another out cross for the right big black stud carrying something else.

The other thing I would love to see in my mousery is piebald. I don't concentrate on it at all but my daughter loves them and they could help the tris...I've got a couple pied bucks reserved from Melissa but thought I'd check to see if anyone else had some too. I mainly stick with black, blue, chocolate and pink eye dilutions of those varieties in pied.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Piebald Black and Self Self Wanted Empty Re: Piebald Black and Self Self Wanted

Post by GypsyTails Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I have the Pied boys and girls for you and the other ladies. Their sire was a Tri. It doesn't look like my Black Pied x Black Self (Merle carriers) pair is going to be ready in time for the trip. I was really hoping they would, because they should be MUCH NICER than other ones. That pair is just being plain lazy! I have half a dozen pairs that just refuse to breed BUT all the new pairs took in a couple days of being together. *Sigh*

I may have Black, but all my wigglers are just days old right now. It'll be at least a few more days before I know what I've got. I'll write it on my list for you though!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah! The silver doe I'm saving for you Melissa is somehow looking to be at least carrying angora...could you still use her? Her coat is really nice and dense fluff. I have some nice blues, ivory and fuzzies if your interested too.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:39 am

I'll take a look at them! I can always use a Blue, etc. Happy

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Beth! Do you want the piebald doe back that you gave me? I have not had a chance to work with her yet, I am willing to help. Let me know, she is a good girl!

I will be bringing a spare black piebald doe to the fest, she isn't as typey as yours though.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Ok, I went down to the mouse room to feed and do baby rounds and the next culls. When I checked on Punanny- the pied Black I got from you- she had ballooned up overnight! So it is possible that if she delivers in the next day or two, the babies may be ready for the trip. She was the mum of the other Pied litter, but the buck she's been in with is like 10 times better than the last one. I'll keep you updated!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Do the Pied need to be typey? If not, I have some pet-type and pet/show crosses you could have. The colors/variations include Black, Brindle, and RY. I might have more, but it's too early to tell just yet.
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok, I went down to the mouse room to feed and do baby rounds and the
next culls. When I checked on Punanny- the pied Black I got from you-
she had ballooned up overnight! So it is possible that if she delivers
in the next day or two, the babies may be ready for the trip. She was
the mum of the other Pied litter, but the buck she's been in with is
like 10 times better than the last one. I'll keep you updated!

Whoo hoo! Perfect!!!

Emma, thank you, I would love to have her back...is there anything you need?

Nicole that's cool, I'll probably just see what Melissa and Emma have and then I might be bugging you.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:23 pm

I can bring her to the fest! She had the sniffles just the slightest bit a little bit ago, is that a problem for you?

We named her Mimey because of her funny eye patches. What might you have available as far as merles? I am predicting a full vehicle but I would like a good merle doe.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Tiny, the pied doe I mentioned above that should pop any second would have Merle carriers or possibly Merles. I just check my Merle carrier and my Merle doe and they too should pop soon as well. The sire to those two litters IS Merle. Even if they don't deliver tonight or tomorrow to be exactly 4 weeks old at the show, they are from my typey lines who usually stop nursing at 3 & 1/2 weeks. I have mouselover01, Beth and you on my list for them if they develop in time for the trip. I didn't think any of those 3 does was going to litter in time, but they ballooned overnight!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Ok, both Pu and Vlasic appear to be in labor. Pu's golf ball shape yesterday has migrated tailward so she looks like a ouija board piece, and she's nesting and resting, nesting and resting. Vlasic has herself wedged in a corner, breathing heavily. I will be very surprised if I don't hear new little meeps in the morning!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Oh! WOnderful! I just posted asking a similar question on your other thread, hahaha! I cannot wait to see what's ready! I would, of course, not breed does until 12 weeks no matter how old they are when I get them.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Pu has had her babies! They looked large and long but I haven't handled them yet. When I got home from work, ants had invaded from the crack in the front door, so I spent a half hour spraying and wiping up dead ant bodies. I'll take a closer peek after I wash up for bed. I don't want to inadvertently get anything poisonous near them. tongue

Vlasic is more tear drop shaped like Pu was last night. I have her upstairs so I can hear new meeps asap. I nearly broke my neck at 6am this morning going down to the basement to check for them. Now I don't have to tomorrow morning.

All the litters I have right now seem to be taking their sweet time getting fur. I have some Tri's that are just killing me with anticipation.....

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 pm

YEah, Gypsy Babies!!!
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:15 am

Beth! I will bring the doe with me for sure, just wanted to make sure that it's ok that she'd been sick about a month ago. She took treatment well and is currently fine.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Yeah, as long as her lungs are free and clear and she doesn't have any symptoms currently I think she would still pass a health check. Sorry for not responding sooner, I thought I would have more time last week then I actually did.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 pm

That sounds great. I have her on my list!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:30 am

I forgot to mention Pu and Vlasic both had their babies! Pu, the pied Black, should have had oodles of pied but I got lo-white barely pieds in Black and Blue. Lol. There is a possibility of Merle in that litter, but I can't tell yet. Vlasic, the Merle, had 14 babies! The biggest litter I've had in a while. I've culled it down, of course. She also looks to have Black and Blue, though I need more fur to tell if we have roan-like Merle and/or Merle. The sire is also a Merle, so I am hoping for more with dark patches. Happy

I will keep you ladies updated. I thought I was going to have more time last week myself, but alas, duty called!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 am

I would be thrilled to high heavens to have blue merles and black merles!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 am

The bubs are so fat, so I'm hoping they keep maturing on or above schedule since they will be 2 days shy of weaning. Their parents' litters were all robust and independant before 4 weeks, so there's a good chance they will be too. I'll get some photos up in the next couple of days. Happy

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:55 pm

I would love some Gypsy Merles too! My merle litter is down to just two bubs, they just disappear so I don't know why...just know that the mom will not be bred again because of it and she's the only merle doe that wants to even try to have babies...sigh. The two last little babies are really fat and cute so lets hope the mouse gods spare their little lives.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm

You're on the Merle list! It was made months ago..... Laughing

Hopefully, my mamas won't get any ideas about eating bubs. One of my Rex litters just did that. I had kept 6 babies on, but Sunday night there were only 3 left! And they were fully furred too! Only one doe and two bucks now. Between losing those babies and having to put Mr. Creepy and Area 51 to sleep, I was a wreck that night. Still pretty sad. Every time I think about it, I keep tearing up. Sad

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down