The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Sacramento, CA

5 posters

Go down

Hi from Sacramento, CA Empty Hi from Sacramento, CA

Post by jencandy Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:55 am

Im Jen, Im from Sacramento, CA. Im looking to possibly start breeding in a few months, but really want to talk extensively with some breeders before I start making plans. Ive done research for some time, but I feel like where Im lacking is real life experience, the good and the bad. Theres been a lot of things that breeders have mentioned to me that I never read in any of the articles I found. For example, that trying to add the chinchilla color to a tan will give you a fox. Never in all of my tan research did I read that. Ive spoken with a few breeders at this point, but I figured theres no such thing as too much information. Almost every one of the breeders I contacted (excluding the ones that gave me the cold shoulder) recommended I start here.
One thing that I feel is important to note is my motivation for wanting to start a mousery. Theres a few reasons, but to sum them up:
I cant find any breeders even remotely close to me. Ive found some in southern California (an 8 hour drive) and a few in Oregon (an 8 hour drive), but none in the immediate area. While Im passionate enough to drive several states away to get a well bred mouse, most people arent. Id like to provide them with an alternative to petco's sad collection of mice. Id also like to help other breeders in my general area by bringing in new varieties that we dont have on the west coast (or the US, for that matter). I know I wont make a profit, I know health and temperament come before looks. My motives are pure! (:

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Hi from Sacramento, CA Empty Re: Hi from Sacramento, CA

Post by Stina Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:01 am

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've joined Happy there is a lot to be learned from a community like this!

btw, adding ANY c-dilute to tan, produces fox....and fox cannot be produced without c-dilutes Happy

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Hi from Sacramento, CA Empty Re: Hi from Sacramento, CA

Post by LittleSniffs Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Welcome to TMC :-)
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down