The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with!

+5
onceuponamousery
lunalady
Stina
tinyhartmouseries
jencandy
9 posters

Go down

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Empty New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with!

Post by jencandy Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:30 am

While Ive had mice as pets most of my life, Im fairly new to the community, as well as the genetics/varieties aspect. I "rescued" 3 gorgeous males from the pet store about 2 weeks ago. It started with the black tan (which was the first variety to make me sit down and start learning more about the genetics), then I saw an adorable long haired, and a super cute I-dont-know-what-the-hell-all-these-colors-put-together-are. Lol! Then, when going to get upgrade their cage (at a different pet store, about a week later), I saw 3 stunning females. I was only going to get 2, but I couldnt stand to leave the third by herself, as all 3 had been together their whole lives (but werent from the same litters). So I came home with 3 more mice. Due to them being pet store mice, I have them labeled as "pet only, nonbreeders". I am willing to wait until I have the space/money I need to get a few well bred mice from breeders to even consider breeding, Im in no hurry and would rather not soil my reputation right off the bat by breeding possibly unhealthy mice, that I really know next to nothing about. Id like some help identifying what their actual variety/color names are, since most of them have odd aspects to their coats that Ive never seen before (or atleast havent noticed). Due to my not so fantastic camera, it may take looking through a few pics to see what their colors really look like (for example, on of my males, Tenant, appears gray when he's in your hand, but shows up red/brown when his picture is taken 95% of the time). So Ill post a pic or two of each one, but you can see more pictures of them on the facebook page Ive made for the soon-to-be mousery. facebook.com/wonderlandmousery
For starters, Tenant:
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppUploaded from the Photobucket Android App^His belly^

Baker (the long haired male) Not really sure what to call him, he isnt a self, his belly is a grayish/ VAGUELY tan color, and his back is black.
(the one on top is baker)
2012-04-07_10-06-09_79

Alice, I want to say shes chinchilla, but I feel like Im wrong.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppUploaded from the Photobucket Android AppUploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Wendy

And Sally
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Pretty sure shes just a chocolate self, but once again, probably wrong. lol
Oh, and the one that I actually -know- what to call him, Eccleston, the black tan male:

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Empty Re: New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with!

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:22 am

Uh oh! There seems to be a problem with your links, they are broken.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Empty Re: New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with!

Post by Stina Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:52 am

They are html coded rather than phpBB coded...

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jencandy Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:57 am

Oh crap. Lol weird, they show up on my phone... But Ill post when I get home from work. If anyones too anxious, all the pics are on the facebook page, they should be viewablr to the public, not just people who like it. But ill fix this post when I get home around 2 pm, west coast time.

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:40 am

We will be waiting

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by onceuponamousery Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:10 pm

I can see all the pics, is that what you mean Lunalady?

onceuponamousery
Hopper
Hopper

http://reginanjacobsmousehouse.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Humm, funny thing I could not see them. Then went back on and saw them. That baker is fantastic. Then I went back to write this reply and they are not there again on all this letter and number stuff. Glad I got see them though. I wonder why this is happening???

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jencandy Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Baker is one of my favorites! Ive been contemplating breeding him due to his fantastic coat and personality, but due to the lack of knowledge on his pedigree, Im unsure. I was wanting thoughts on that as well, but figured id start another thread on that sometime later. Lol. I dont know whats up with the pictures, but Ill be home in about 3 hours, so ill try adifferent method of uploading them then. I just used photobucket premade html codes to post them, so ill try something maybe a little more forum friendly.

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Nope. I just see the html code, not the pictures. Sad
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Me too Sad

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 pm

There may be some devices that automatically decipher html coding....regular computer browsers generally won't in a forum though.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm

I can see them too.
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jencandy Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Okay, lets try pictures again...
Baker:
New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Boysin10

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Baker410

Eccleston

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Eont110

Tenant (the male whos coat confuses me, I dont know -what- to call him)

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Etslee10 (fell asleep eating)

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Tenant11

Sally

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Sally210

Alice

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Alice610

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! A10

Wendy

New mice, not quite sure what I ended up with! Alice710

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by jencandy Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

From my phone I cant see the second set of pics, even though I used the in forum uploader. On my computer I see the second set fine. -Ugh- I give up. lol

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Each individual user needs to enable HTML code to see it. There is no on/off switch for HTML enabling for the whole board. Sad

To enable HTML, click the button at the top of the page for 'Profile', then click the tab that says preferences. There should be one that says 'Always enable HTML' and you'll need to check 'Yes' to be able to view working HTML codes on the forum.
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by jencandy Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Glad to know it wasnt my fault. Lol. So, back to the original topic, can anyone help out with color/variety names?

jencandy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down