The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excited for Tans! And babies in general!

+2
tinyhartmouseries
Zia
6 posters

Go down

Excited for Tans! And babies in general! Empty Excited for Tans! And babies in general!

Post by Zia Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 am

I don't normally post "upcoming litters" plans, but I'm just so darn excited I can't help it.

Almost all the tan girls I have paired up right now have adorable pregnant bellies. Big enough you know they caught but not yet big enough to look at them and be like "how do you even move?" Big smile

They can start delivering as soon as this weekend! I have several other pregnant does right now too. I'm doing a breeding burst right now to make up for the 5ish months where there has been no baby activity in my mousery. I need to get these projects going and my numbers up! Hopefully they'll naturally stagger like all the does did last time I did a large batch breeding, but even if they don't, it's not like I have a life anyways lol.

6 does paired for tans
1 doe paired for pied carriers
2 does paired for pet type merles
1 doe paired for improved type merle carriers

/crosses fingers for healthy bubs and easy times for moms!

Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Excited for Tans! And babies in general! Empty Re: Excited for Tans! And babies in general!

Post by tinyhartmouseries Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 am

Well Goodness Sakes! That is a lot isn't it? I bet they will be pretty, cannot wait to see! Big smile
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Excited for Tans! And babies in general! Empty Re: Excited for Tans! And babies in general!

Post by Zia Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 am

It IS a lot. There will be several hours of mousing each evening, but I've missed it so much in the past few months that I'm actually looking forward to it. When I don't have mice to keep me busy, I just waste time on the computer or read, so I'm looking forward to the change in pace.

By week 4 I'll probably be ready for a break, though!

I used to travel fairly frequently, so I bred in bursts when I knew I would have the time where I knew I'd be home the whole time I had babies. I'm pretty used to 6-8 prego does at a time. THIS burst though, is to get numbers up. After this one, since I don't travel anymore, I likely won't breed but a couple litters at a time.

And the other good news is all my mice are finally free from any sort of contract. So I can share the tan wealth (assuming I get any worth sharing lol)
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dictatorchick Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:53 pm

How Exciting! I can't wait to see!

I have a tan doe that may be in a motherly way.

Not intentionally, just due to an acquaintances inability to read the names I have taped on the tops of each tank. >_<

Cam home from work and Geronimo, a satin broken RY was all cuddled up in Phoenix's little house.

Yours will probably be extraordinary! :3
Dictatorchick
Dictatorchick
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 am

All the does are in nursery tanks and now we're just playing the waiting game. Technically, tomorrow is 21 days since they were paired, so I'm really not expecting anything from anyone for a couple days yet. My mice always seem to like to take their time!

No pictures of the parents yet. The weather has been gross down here and is making me feel gross along with it.
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm

First tan doe just delivered! Agouti Tan x Black Tan Big smile
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Babies!

I have so many litters right now I don't know what to do with myself. Laughing
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Moms #2 and 3 popped today!

Mom #2 is the pied, the litter is for pied carriers, and Mom #3 was a Chocolate Tan bred to a Black Tan. :3
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 pm

<3 Can't wait to see picsss!
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:11 am

So frustrating!

You wait and wait and wait for them to pop. . . then they pop and it's so exciting!
Then. . .
You wait and wait and wait for the babies to grow up and be INTERESTING!

Can't we get some mousey miracle grow or something!? tongue
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 am

Hahaha, I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER. I would support mouse miracle grow for sure!

Two other mamas popped overnight. #4 is a pet type Chocolate Merle paired with an undermarked pet type brindle who is a gorgeous red color. Trying to make some "red" merles in a generation or two, just to see if I can. The stripes might start to show and ruin it, but at least I tried. /shrug

Mama #5 is a Cinnamon X Black Tan. This cinnamon, just like the one that mothered the tans I'm using, has some A^y a couple generations back, so it should help with the continued improvement of belly color. They aren't where they need to be yet, but at least they are orange underneath instead of yellow!

So... 3 Tan litters, 1 pied carrier litter, and 1 merle carrier litter so far!

The other two does that look like they're gonna pop in the next day or two are a black paired with a black tan, and a pet type black tan merle x pet type black tan merle. I *think* the other 5 that were in with bucks caught, but only 3 look like they might be showing enough to feel confident in that. Time will tell!

I'm using the first tan litter born as a tan litter progression photo project, so there will be pics... when they finally get interesting. Right now the most notable thing is you can tell who will be black after 24 hours. I'm not used to having pigment show up quite that early.
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Wow! congrats!!! Cannot wait to see pics.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

#6, the black x black tan litter, and #7, the merle x merle litters were born yesterday!

And I had a blonde moment yesterday. I only have 4 other potential mamas, not 5. None of them are showing enough yet for me to feel confident enough to say they are prego though.

Now they just need to get cute enough to be worth posting pictures of!
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zia Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 am

Well, the babies are still boring, but I did take pictures of some of the parents, so I guess I can share those for now lol. If you're on other forums, you'll see them re-posted in the next few days on litter threads I'll make when the babies are worth posting. That's one thing about breeding black eyed, solid bubs. They're REALLY uninteresting for a while lol.

These pics aren't the best, and I wasn't too picky with which I uploaded because I was trying to show them to non-mouse people on a whim. I have belly pictures of all the tans too, but they haven't been uploaded. But, it's better than nothing!

I'll start off with GYPT Coonhound, daddy to 3 of the litters. I have his brother that looks very similar to him as well, but Coon got the most girlies pregnant in the shortest amount of time so he's the one who got his picture uploaded lol.
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290183
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290175

And his women were:

GYPT Genevieve, his full sister:
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290131
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290124

And just because I have them uploaded, Genevieve x Coonhound's babies 4 days ago. I'm only growing on those PE bubs until I know if they're a c-dilute or p/p:
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1260086

GYPT Yvette, his other full sister (with noooo tail set lol). I'm crossing brother/sister trying to get the belly color a little darker. Seeing if we can concentrate those modifiers!:
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290192

MYM Motley, the sweetest little girl and a great mom. This litter will be boring, but the next generation will have some pieds:
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290161

The other black tan buck's ladies (that have had their bubs... there is one more who might be prego too, another agouti tan sister, but she's kind of a brat so she might not have allowed him to get close to her.):

CSB Ladybird. At least that's what I named her... she might have a name from Stina but the pedigrees got misplaced in an after a show shuffle so I'm not sure. Embarassed Beautiful cinnamon girlie.
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290237

ZIA Riddle. One of mine, finally! Her and her sister (who hasn't had bubs yet, but might!) are practically identical.
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1290305

I'm missing a couple others, but I'll get them later. In the meantime, here are the pet type merles that should produce all merles:
Daddy, MYM Hansel:
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1140015

Mommy, MYM Olive:
Excited for Tans! And babies in general! P1140024
Zia
Zia
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:36 pm

I like everyone! Your tan color is very very nice!!!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by IrisheaglesOne Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh wow! I bet these babies are going to be great! Cant wait to see so many baby pics!
IrisheaglesOne
IrisheaglesOne
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down