The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

breeding trouble

3 posters

Go down

breeding trouble Empty breeding trouble

Post by pubblesbuttercup Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi, about a month ago i bought an adult female mouse and an adult male mouse to breed. I new ALL my stuff and had a good cage and cages for the babies. I keep the room temp at about 75-80 degrees and it looks they really like there cage. I dont know how old they were when i bought them from petco but they said they were about 2-4 months old so i thought they should be old enough to breed. Now a month later the female has gained a little waight but not much and she is clearly not pregnant. What am I not doing right? should i get older mice? If so were? and should i just wait untill they are older? please help, THANKS!!

pubblesbuttercup
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

breeding trouble Empty Re: breeding trouble

Post by LittleSniffs Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Petco gets there mice from 'mice farms' and from my understand (from them since we shop there weekly) they don't keep very good records of the mice. We have got a couple mice from there, most of the mice to me look younger then 2 to 4 months. I want to say any where from 6 weeks to maybe 12 weeks. The last one looked just weaned to me, she was SUPER small.

Some of the other members may be able to help you more with the age and breeding tips, but personally I would wait a little longer for the female. I think I read some place where around 6 months would be the age to breed.
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by pubblesbuttercup Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:37 pm

thanks, and do you know any were i can get older mice? the only places around here are are petco, petsmart, and petland

pubblesbuttercup
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi, as per the forum rules, would you please make an introduction post before posting any more on the board? Thanks! Wink
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down