The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grape sized moveable cyst

3 posters

Go down

Grape sized moveable cyst  Empty Grape sized moveable cyst

Post by Karen Musitano Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 am

One of my little mice has suddenly developed a lump, the size of a grape, under one of her front legs, close to her chest, like under her armpit. It feels soft and moveable. Could this just be a cyst, rather than cancer? Does anyone have any info on this. I have had mice before that developed these lumps. Someone said, if it was a cyst, something about aspirating it with a needle??? This mouse is over one year old. Her sister had a growth by her eye. At first, I thought it was from one of the other mice scratching her or barbering her too roughly. Then one day, it looked like a wart (like a convuluted brain shape) and was quite a bit larger. So I pulled it off. It bled a lot and after applying pressure, I put a cold ice cube on it to help stop the bleeding and that worked. It healed nicely. But now I am worried about this cyst on the
other mouse.

Karen Musitano
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Grape sized moveable cyst  Empty Re: Grape sized moveable cyst

Post by Laigaie Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, if it is a cyst, there is a good chance it has liquid in it, and you could press a needle into the lump and suck out a little bit of liquid. If it's a tumor, it will likely be solid. Some cysts can be solid, however, or otherwise difficult to aspirate. If it is a tumor, that is not a bad location for surgical removal, though that can be pricey.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Wed May 02, 2012 3:56 am

I agree with Laigale. It sounds like a cyst or benign tumor. But one woudl not know for sure without an aspirate and or a biopsy.
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum