The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go

+11
thistlebrook
LittleSniffs
Love2read
Laigaie
Mrs. Beach
Rhasputin
kawmice
doganddisc
seafolly
mouselover01
tinyhartmouseries
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go - Page 3 Empty Re: Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go

Post by tinyhartmouseries Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 pm

It's fine it just needs to be organized with all the breeders by Monday, and paid before Maggie ships them. If only one or two is being shipped, we need to decide if that's worth it or if there's an alternative to shipping by air. I want to make sure this is worth it to everyone.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go - Page 3 Empty Re: Lots of Mice, desperately need a place to go

Post by kawmice Wed May 23, 2012 11:57 pm

I definately want Von Gogh. Where are the mice being shipped to and who is taking them from there?

I will email Maggie. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Please give my male tri (Small Dark) to the other breeder, but I would really like to have the female (Pied Dark) back if she could be put in with any mice going to Rhasputin or be set aside to wait for a chance to come home some other way. And if that doesn't work out, yes, give her to the tri breeder or to the good home. You are doing a marvellous job for these mice, Emma! You are a mouse hero!

Seems to me Rhasputin wants 2, Kawmice wants Van Gogh, and I want my tri girl. That's four. Is that enough for a shipment? Rhasputin lives close enough to Kawmice and me to give us ours.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Thu May 24, 2012 6:51 pm

FYI- you can put the mice into tiny kritter keepers or RUBs and put those into a small cat/dog carrier and fly them like that. It will cost around $180(with taxes) as long as the carrier weighs less then 10lbs.

Just make sure the crate is airline-approved. Walmart sells em pretty cheap
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Yeah, I did that with the first gliders I ever had. First time I shipped I thought it would be great to give a small piece of cheese to one of the gliders who had to be in a small kritter keeper alone because he was a male. Well, what a surprise when I got him out and he was COVERED IN THAT PIECE OF CHEESE. Sad He didn't appreciate having to be cleaned that night after a long trip.

Needless to say I learned better and never gave cheese again and never shipped with anything other than grapes and apples. Happy

Dumb me.
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu May 24, 2012 7:16 pm

I/Maggie need to know who is paying for the last $80 if you guys want to ship.

If Ann gets both her male and female back it's going to be 8 mice making up the shipment. I think it would be smarter to have someone meet in Arkansas and train them, but that's just me.

Again to remind, the deadline for deciding and planning, and paying Maggie, is this Sunday. I am meeting with her on Monday and will drop off any mice then.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Thu May 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Have we figured out where the mice are being shipped? If they're being shipped?

If shipped to Ann, they'd be closer to a lot of people, and I can have Nathan pick up the ones to go to me and Elena on the way back from VA (he's heading there tomorrow, for a week or so).
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Sounds like Ann wants them shipped to Rhasputin and Rhasputin wants them shipped to Ann. You guys figure it out, give me an airline, a flight schedule that doesn't exceed 85 along the way, and they'll be there. When you check out the flight schedule and decide whether you want the giant crate or for me to buy another crate, you can find out the weight of either (the wooden crate is approximately 30lbs. I can weigh it if you're interested), tell the airline, and get a quote.

Announcement
Also, we do still have the British black doe that was abandoned as part of this. She can be shipped back to the coast, too, if someone wants her. I never got paid for her, unfortunately, as she was COD.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm

I have no trouble having them shipped to me! I thought Rhasputin had said earlier it would be better for them to be shipped to her. (Rhasputin, Nathan should also get Christine's mouse?)

Boy, all that work for air shipping, which I do not know how to do nor do I have time in the aftermath of my father's death, plus coming up with $80. (What is "an airline schedule that does not exceed 85 along the way"? 85 whats?)

What are the possibilities of a mouse train? That is sounding like a much better idea, unless, Rhasputin, you want to handle all the shipping arrangements and details.

I do not want my tri male, Small Dark, returned to me in any way. He may have great genes, but he is a skittery, unhappy mouse. (yeech)
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Strongly heard about Dark Dark male!

I am in strong favor of a mouse train as well. We can get the mice into Arkansas, I wonder who could go from there?

Of course, like Ann said if someone wants to organize everything then that's cool too. Right now you guy are getting 7 mice.

Would anyone be interested in taking the other bucks from Love2read that Maggie is sitting on? (what's left, Maggie?) If she sent them would they be dispersed?

I have an RY buck and doe and a baby blue buck from my own mousery that had also been reserved. They all have Irish spotting patterns. The blue baby is show type but may end up smaller. The RY's have mixed show/pet but excellent temperaments, cuddly even.

If anyone is interested in those mice I can ship/send them too. It would be a big help but no pressure.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Thu May 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I haven't got a clue about the logistics when it comes to shipping. Elena might be a better person to talk to, she has experience with it. Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu May 24, 2012 10:33 pm

OK, Thistlebrook has approached me for some of these mice. If you guys don't end up shipping, I am sure they would have a good home with Thistle, I personally recommend her very highly.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Thu May 24, 2012 11:22 pm

I think I may want the black brittish mouse. Is she ae?

As far as shipping, I may be able to pick mine up at Ann's on my road trip since I have Lazarus to pick up as well as long as I can plan it well. I can also reach Casey via bus. I unfortunately will have a hard time training mice since I do not drive myself, but I can get places via public trans.

Maggie- emailing you in a few. Been busy today.
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Thu May 24, 2012 11:52 pm

She is not ae, and you'll have to fight Elena for her. Jump on you I'm headed to bed, and will check in on all this in the morning. Farewell
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri May 25, 2012 2:33 am

Haha! Elena is more then welcome to her!

kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Fri May 25, 2012 11:41 am

Okay so it's Christine, Casey, Me, and Ann wanting these mice. Anyone else I'm missing? I need to divide up the shipping cost between everyone and see what it comes out to each.

Once that's done, everyone can paypal maggie (include the paypal fees please http://ppcalc.com/ ) and we can get the ball rolling.

mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri May 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Perfect, thanks Elena!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri May 25, 2012 7:52 pm

$80 divided by 4 is...uh...$20. (You would not believe how exhausting and debilitating grief can be. Don't think too well. Don't do things.) I'm in if Casey, Elena, and Christine are. Let's try to all get agreed (or disagreed) by Sunday so we can PayPal the money.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Fri May 25, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't have a paypal account, or $20.
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Fri May 25, 2012 8:02 pm

It comes out to $26.25 each paypaled to Maggie but please include the paypal fees. Still working out the details on date and time for shipping.

Payment has to be made this weekend (emma knows the date) in order for the shipment to happen.
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri May 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Cool. I will send the money tonight. I am definately on board. Happy
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Fri May 25, 2012 8:38 pm

If casey can't pay her end, stay posted bc we will have to each send in more money.
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Fri May 25, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm working on it. Cry
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Okay okay okay, I got this under control. Nathan sold some tanks for me in VA, so I'm good to go as soon as he makes it home and gets online. Happy
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Fri May 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Am I getting 2 does returned?
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next