The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Stuck Wheel

3 posters

Go down

New Stuck Wheel Empty New Stuck Wheel

Post by TrixYogurt (iM) Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

I recently bought a wire mesh wheel for my girls and my new mice and am trying it out with the girls tonight. It's the Super Pet brand "Run-A-Round" wheel. It's metal and I really like it and its not solid like the plastic one I had before so they won't be running in their poo and such.

But, there's a problem. It doesn't spin easily. They climb on it like a jungle gym and it won't spin. It's even hard for me to rotate it easily. Is there something I can use to make it spin properly, like oil it up or something? Vegetable oil or something? Any ideas?

TrixYogurt (iM)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

http://iMouseMousery.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

New Stuck Wheel Empty Re: New Stuck Wheel

Post by La La Lola Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am

I put vegetable oil on squeaky metal wheels. It does silence them, and the spinning resistance definitely goes down to the point where when they stop running the wheel keeps going and takes them for a spin or two, haha... But it only lasts a day, if that, less if your mice like to lick it off. And, if the wheel is poorly made, there might not be anything that can be done to make it work better, short of possibly drilling the holes out more, maybe.
La La Lola
La La Lola
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Make sure, also, that the two axles aren't bent too closely together inward. That would cause undue friction on the crosspieces that connect the axle to the wheel.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down