The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tricky pairing

Go down

A tricky pairing Empty A tricky pairing

Post by seafolly Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Hello!

I'm currently weighing my options for the next step with my line. I've miraculously managed to track down what appears to be an astrex buck with a wonderful, docile personality. Unfortunately, he is agouti which is quite difficult to rehome.

The doe is a mystery. She's a long haired satin but remember we couldn't decide if she's ce/c or ce/ce. Finding blue and beige in the same litter was odd. So either she's a dark bone/stone or her PEW sisters are hiding ce/c (right?) . Her mother is blue, and the father is either ce/c or ce/ce. Again, tough to tell with the satin coat but the majority of folks here voted ce/ce based on his appearance. Her grandmother is pied RY, if that helps anything.

For this pairing I would be crossing my fingers for LHSA and not too concerned about colour. However, I don't know what to expect which makes me nervous. I have a huge worry that the entire litter would be agouti. It's guess work in most cases but I know I'm asking you guys to truly guess here!
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

A tricky pairing Empty Re: A tricky pairing

Post by seafolly Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I opted against this pairing due to the less favourable colours in the F1 litter. Rehoming is rare but I like to give them a chance. Wink

Toronto appears to be almost entirely out of satin but there's ONE pet shop way the heck on the other side of the city that says they have a few male satins ranging from "grey, gold, and brown and white."

My doe carries RY (her grandmother and aunts are RY), and though I understand her ce/c or ce/ce will dilute the RY in a possible RY pairing, does this mean it could dilute to a pale yellow? I'm sure it's not show worthy but I think those are lovely. Moustress on FMB has amazing examples of them.
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down