The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pygmy mice

+3
candycorn
Rhasputin
Srakha
7 posters

Go down

Pygmy mice Empty Pygmy mice

Post by Srakha Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:55 pm

I am looking for a small group of african pygmy mice.. a male and a couple/few females. I live in Missouri near St Louis. Is there anyone close by that might have some for sale?

Srakha
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Pygmy mice Empty Re: Pygmy mice

Post by Rhasputin Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 pm

As far as I know, I'm the only person on the board with Pygmy mice at this time. I should have some for adoption in the next few months, but there is a long list of people who want these guys! Sad

They are fairly hard to breed, the females usually only have 1-3 babies from my experience, and if they are disturbed, or if the temperature changes too much, or if any little thing that they don't like happens, they will kill the babies.

Plus, mine have gone on 2 mass escapes since I've had them. The last one left me with only 3 mice left, so I'm trying to re-build my colony at the moment.
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by candycorn Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pet/2949428133.html
There is a person here in Maryland who has been advertiseing them for sale pretty regularly. Its a bit of a clip for you...but I will link it for you anyway.
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Check with reptile people!! Try fauna classifieds perhaps and any reptile shows you have in your area.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Srakha Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you for linking that candycorn, I've seen that, but as you said its quite a clip for me, otherwise I would have contacted them already Happy

Stina, I have already been to several reptile shows, posted want ads on fauna, googled..etc. and have not found any yet, but thank you for the advice Happy

Rhasputin, I didn't know they weren't as prolific as other mice.. and that they are escape artists! I mainly want them for the babies to feed to some really tiny snakes I have, so the parents eating the babies well, probably they wouldn't have them long enough to do that. You can probably add me onto that list, as long as you don't get upset if I change my mind later when it comes to my turn Happy Never know what will happen between now and then.

Thank you all for your responses Happy If any one would know another little mammal that pops out tiny babies like that, I'm also up for suggestions xD I managed to purchase these tiny snakes before I had a good colony of small lizards going... I thought I had but the ones I chose turned out to have babies that were too big also x.x Reptile keeping is such fun! lol

Srakha
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:36 pm

I had pygmies at one point that I got at the local reptile show here....I've been kicking myself for some time that I rehomed them Sad I want them again! Mine actually started to breed pretty well....but I accidentally disturbed them for several litters....at one point I took the babies I'd accidentally found and gave them to a domestic mouse to raise...only one survived, but she ended up friendly!...she didn't have a full lifespan though Sad The domestic mouse milk must have a different nutritional value or something... **shrug**

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 pm

I have responded to the Crag's List ad for pygmies. The breeder is in Westminster, and I'm going there Friday to bring m137b mice to take to RF for me.

Srakha, that's not much help for you. I'm sorry.

Rhasputin and Stina, I was thinking I could get a bunch for you. I've asked prices. How many do you each want, and what genders? If I am lucky, I can work this out so I can send them to you at RF! (Are pygmies allowed at RF?)
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by candycorn Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Mrs. Beach wrote:I have responded to the Crag's List ad for pygmies. The breeder is in Westminster, and I'm going there Friday to bring m137b mice to take to RF for me.

Srakha, that's not much help for you. I'm sorry.

Rhasputin and Stina, I was thinking I could get a bunch for you. I've asked prices. How many do you each want, and what genders? If I am lucky, I can work this out so I can send them to you at RF! (Are pygmies allowed at RF?)

You should do it after RF so it won't interfer with the Q. rules. But its a great idea.
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Oooohhhhh, you're right! Thank you so very much!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:27 pm

I'd be interested depending on price.....probably 1-2 trios...could you let me know what price they tell you?...and then I'd have to ask hubby.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:57 pm

I might be interested in some, but I'm picking some up in PA from a breeder for free, so it depends on the price! tongue
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Where are you getting free pygmies???!!! SHAAAAAAARE!!!! lol

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Stina, is a trio one male and two females?

RHASPUTIN.....free pygmies??????? Get a bunch!!!!! Give some to Stina!!!!!!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah, 1 male 2 females.

Shoot if I could get free ones I'd probably want 9-12...lol When I got my pygmies before they were $40 or something for a trio!!!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm

YOW!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 pm

I wish I could share! Sad

The guy breeds them for feeders, so he rarely has extras to sell. I asked him his price, and it was just a nice gesture of his, to offer them to me for free.

I am trying to get as many as he has available (though it seems he may only have a trio) so that I can start another colony, and hopefully be able to share the pygmy love soon!

That's the reason I'm considering buying some from this MD breeder, because I'm not getting very many from this breeder for free.
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Srakha, I just found this...it might be closer than MD...lol
http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/1954084.html

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 am

Hey! Good price!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by HolyTaco Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:32 am

I'm very interested in pygmy mice as well and would love to be placed on waiting lists for them. I am located just north of MA, however.

HolyTaco
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 pm

This thread is almost a year old. You might be better off making a new one. Big smile
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down