The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds

+6
lunalady
kawmice
thistlebrook
Mrs. Beach
bethmccallister
tinyhartmouseries
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds Empty Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 pm

So, to begin this tale of star crossed lovers, I brought home about 40 mice from Rodentfest. They are all currently in my spare bathroom, designated the official quarantine location.

Mrs Beach sent me a large sterelite full of does, one being a hairless carrier Ivory from Rhasputin. I also recieved a matching buck. All set for Hairless babies!

At the show itself, I recieved a beautiful red brindle (from Rhasputin as well:) ) All set to improve the bellies of my tans!

Two days ago, I found the Ivory doe in the brindle buck's cage. I was unable to find an actual way that the doe had gotten out of the big doe bin and across the bathroom. I promptly replaced her with a prayer to Mousegod that she was not pregnant.

Yesterday, I found the brindle buck running loose around the doe bin frantically. I promptly replaced him and fixed his chewed up bin.

Today I went upstairs to find the brindle once again missing. Upon suspicion, I rifled through the does in the Big Bin. Ivory was not there.
I found them hiding out behind the bins across the room, seeking asylum with Irisheaglesone's mice. Ivory doe is plugged. I caught her and Brindle followed after us. I gave them a new home together. Their names are Romeo and Juliet for now.

You may call me irresponsible if you'd like, but when the wills of mice trump those of man, who am I to stand in the way? I don't know what you'd call this but love! Happy
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds Empty Re: Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds

Post by bethmccallister Sat May 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Ha ha ha that's great! Weird babies to follow, lol!
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds Empty Re: Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds

Post by Mrs. Beach Sat May 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Oh, that's really great! You'll have some babies to cross in to Brinda's babies to make more c-dilutes. Let me tell you, that Ivory doe is really motivated to escape! She got out the first night she was at my house and was always up and over the side of the bin on cleaning days. You've got to watch her every second!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sat May 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Ah, so she was looking for love before this! Wink I am so glad she has found it!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Sun May 13, 2012 10:55 am

Nice writing. tongue Can't wait to see baby pics!
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sun May 13, 2012 11:48 am

How cute! Happy
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sun May 13, 2012 9:31 pm

tinyhartmouseries wrote:Ah, so she was looking for love before this! Wink I am so glad she has found it!

Very determined little mouse!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 am

Well, Juliet is heavily pregnant!!! I have no idea what's to follow for this couple. She needs to go into the Maternity tomorrow, and I wonder how their love will fare. I also worry about keeping them together for life, that she will constantly be pregnant. I don't know what to do! I wish mice could be chemically castrated somehow, easily.

Yay for babies! I can't wait to see how weird they are. I don't know what they will be!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Tue May 29, 2012 7:15 am

This is a story for a comic book.

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Tue May 29, 2012 10:38 am

Awww!!

You could get him neutered. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 am

If I had the money, I'd donate to get him neutered. This is the most romantic story I've ever read! Hahaha!
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue May 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I wish I could ! That would be the easiest!!! Unfortunately I had plan for him, and i don't know anyone in the area that's done a mouse neuter before.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Tue May 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Best of luck for her! One option would be to heavily, heavily cull down her litter, so that she's only caring for three or four pups. That way, if she does get pregnant again immediately, you're looking at the least possible damage. Another option would be cages with mesh on the sides. You could pop his and her mesh together, so they can at least see one another, and sing silly love songs through the bars.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:30 pm

I have big news!!! Juliet had her babies today! She had 6, 3 boys and 3 girls! I cannot wait to see what colors these guys are, and I don't have to cull right away!
Hooray!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by thewesterngate Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:25 pm

This is such a unique story. Adorable! I can't wait for pictures, I can't get enough of them.
thewesterngate
thewesterngate
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PoeM-Reptiles/118568558264968

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Thank you all!
Man! These babies are super boring. They need to hurry up and color up!

tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 pm

tinyhartmouseries wrote:Thank you all!
Man! These babies are super boring. They need to hurry up and color up!

I think we can all relate to that!
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Here are some new pictures of the lovers!
I need some help with their colors, Romeo was given to me as an undermarked brindle, but all his hairs are banded with brownish underneath.
Juliet is Ivory, but could she be c-diluted Agouti? She also looks more mottled and slightly banded fur.
Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds 100_2786
Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds 100_2785

Here is the first picture of the babies. They look so weird, what could they be? I hope not a bunch of agouti. A female is a little lighter.
Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds 100_2783
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Aw, love children!
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 pm

tinyhartmouseries wrote:
Here is the first picture of the babies. They look so weird, what could they be? I hope not a bunch of agouti. A female is a little lighter.
Romeo and Juliet-Star Crossed Lovers Despite the Odds 100_2783

Aw, but agouti is so pretty. tongue
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Are they starting to color up better?
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

A tiny bit. I saved two females because each baby was close to a quarter of mom, sizewise. One is the same color as dad, the other is differentish.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 pm

The story continues, YES!!

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:15 pm

I am fairly certain that the girls are a paler shade of dad's color. If they are anything like RY, they should color up a bit more as they mature. I wonder what I can do with them.
What would happen if I combined them with Ivory? Surely I would end up with a few ivories because of mom, but then would I also get some snow brindles?
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:50 am

25% chance c^e/c^e and 50% chance A^vy. Probability of 12.5% chance of snow brindles.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next