The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US

+9
thistlebrook
Laigaie
renapopma
doganddisc
Gracegarden
IrisheaglesOne
Rhasputin
kawmice
mouselover01
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US Empty Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US

Post by mouselover01 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Okay, so these are very rough plans (more like ideas), but Casey and I are considering taking United Mouse Club on the road to REALLY UNITE mouse lovers across the country.
I’m just trying to get an idea of where people are in the US, and who would be interested in attending a mouse show in their area (renting a table, entering mice, etc)?
We would be renting vender tables to help with the expenses and there would be a small entry fee for the show (even smaller for members).

If you’d be interested in this, please respond with where you’re located, how far you’d travel, and if you’d be entering mice/renting a table.

Casey and I would also be looking for a place to crash :-)

We appreciate any feedback you can offer! :-)

mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US Empty Re: Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US

Post by kawmice Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:45 am

I would definately like to show some mice at the shows. I am located in Jersey and can travel within Jersey, PA, and some parts of Maryland. New York woudl work as well but I do some some places upstate would be too far. I guess it all depends on how far away the show is. I would be ab;e to travel farther if I get a ride and such. Happy
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US Empty Re: Suggestions, UMC Mouse Shows Across the US

Post by Rhasputin Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:21 pm

A NY show might be a good idea! I know there are lots of northern mouse people, who just can't make the drive to PA.

Noted!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by IrisheaglesOne Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Im in OKC and I work at a hotel so if you did decide to come down this way, they have a "Ball Room" that I could get for little or no money. They already have the tables and chairs there so it wouldnt be hard. Also could get really really discounted rooms for the overnighters.

I also could go up to Wichita, Ks where Tinyharts is too for a show!
IrisheaglesOne
IrisheaglesOne
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracegarden Thu May 31, 2012 2:35 pm

I am from Texas and would be very interested in attending, helping, participating in a show.

For myself - I would be willing to travel to the south, southwest borders of Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and of course Oklahoma.

My experience has come from many years of dog shows and I am excited to get into the 'much more portable mousie version!'

Gracegarden
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 pm

I am in the northeast (Connecticut) and would love for there to be a show in NY or New England. I can travel to New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey. Would probably travel further if necessary.
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by renapopma Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 pm

What a fantastic idea. I'm located in central Texas. I can travel to Oklahoma. I already travel to Kansas about 3 times a year so could schedule a parent visit around a show. Aspen Mousery would want a table, of course!

renapopma
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh, hey! I forgot about this. I'm in NW AR, and can easily travel to most of OK and MO, SE KS, and the panhandle of TX.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Oklahoma is sounding like a popular area!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Humorously, I don't know of anyone actually IN Oklahoma anymore. It's just in-between most of us. I know we've also got mousers in MO and KS.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Thu May 31, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm in north TX - anywhere in OK would work for me too. Would also do parts of LA and AR.
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 pm

IrishEaglesOne is in OK. So is Norman's Mom, I think.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Norman's mom is in Arizona! Irish is no longer breeding. Sad
I would still be all for OKC, it's a good place in the middle. About three hours from everyone.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 pm

OHIO!!! Big smile

I would be willing to drive up to 5 hours 1-way. I would most likely rent a table to sell mice and goodies.

I can think of at least 6 other breeders in the area who would probably attend as well if the show were nearby.
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 am

Sad I live way too far away from ok. I guess it is not impossible but would require a lot of begging and planning. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:09 am

kawmice wrote:Sad I live way too far away from ok. I guess it is not impossible but would require a lot of begging and planning. Lol

Same here.
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 am

Kamice, I would consider a roadtrip with you.

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:57 am

Maryland is a good place.

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:03 am

Yay! Thanks Robin!

kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Part of the point of having shows NOT in all the same places is so that folks who can't make it to one can go to another. While it sucks that some east coast folks wouldn't be able to go to one in the midwest, keep in mind that most of the midwest folks couldn't make it to the one on the east coast, or would have to make an equally long drive.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Absolutely. I don't know how many times I can go to PA, even if a show or meetup here would only be 5 or 6 people, it would help me to remain connected and active.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by lunalady Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Ok, I will fly to see everyone. Don't worry Kamice as long as you pay the overweight and oversize charge, I will comfortably pack you in a suitcase. Hard Shell or Soft Bag, Which would you prefer. Jump on you (this is me trying to make you more compact for the suitcase. Laughing

lunalady
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Laigaie wrote:Part of the point of having shows NOT in all the same places is so that folks who can't make it to one can go to another. While it sucks that some east coast folks wouldn't be able to go to one in the midwest, keep in mind that most of the midwest folks couldn't make it to the one on the east coast, or would have to make an equally long drive.

I completely understand and agree with this Happy
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 am

Oh, yeah! Maryland is a good place!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 am

Yup! So true Maggie... Happy There have been a few shows from the ECMA I was not able to attend. I would like like to attend them all, but it does not always work out. Though I LOVE to travel and so does my traveling buddy. Happy

Robin - better watch out!! I will be seeing you next month! Does anyone have that shrinking gun from "Honey I shrunk the kids"? hehehe..... mini Robin!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next