The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug

5 posters

Go down

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Empty Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug

Post by thistlebrook Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Bug had a beautiful litter of 11 bubs on June 29th, sired by Othello.

TBR Bug - American blue variegated dumbo
Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Bug1

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Bug2

TBR Othello - black self double rex dumbo
Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Othello

The litter:
Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Bugxothellolitter

Note that there are 12 babies in the pic. I thought that all of the babies from Minka's litter that I had tried to foster with Bug had died. Apparently I was wrong. It's a little difficult to tell from the pic, but the black bub in the upper left-hand corner is the single surviving baby from Minka's litter. In person it's quite obvious that this little one is further behind in development than the others.

Aside from that there have been a couple of surprises with this litter. For one, I didn't realize Othello was a double rex until I realized that all of the babies in this litter are rex. He hasn't molted out terribly like most double rex seem to do. Additionally, it seems that both Bug and Othello carry siamese. The lighter colored babies appear to be siamese, with at least a couple being marked siamese (a.k.a "triamese").

Litter theme, gender count, individual pics etc coming soon. Rat
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Empty Re: Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug

Post by thewesterngate Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Ooooooooh. I'm so glad to see them! They're gorgeous!

dance
Splendid.
thewesterngate
thewesterngate
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PoeM-Reptiles/118568558264968

Back to top Go down

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Empty Re: Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:09 pm

They are so so so cute!!! Will any females be available for our meetup?
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks! I'm pretty much in love with them. Love I can't stop holding them and looking at them. tongue

Emma, are you looking for anything in particular color or markings-wise? And just looking for one or..? They will be 6 weeks old the weekend of our meetup. I also have another litter that is about a week younger. Will post pictures of them soon.
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thewesterngate Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

I am so jealous! My female is really grouchy and barely lets me touch hers. I'll have to start working with them so they're not like her.
thewesterngate
thewesterngate
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:37 pm

thewesterngate wrote:I am so jealous! My female is really grouchy and barely lets me touch hers. I'll have to start working with them so they're not like her.

Oh Bug has always been a love. I only got her about six month ago and she has always been outgoing and as sweet as can be. I let her roam my desk while I'm handling the babies, although she doesn't mind otherwise. Today I was scratching her while she was still in with her bubs and she started bruxing. It was cute. Love I'm really pleased with her health and temperament.
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Probably fawn rex, or black vari rex second choice. For now one is fine, I have other female rats.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Well the female count looks to be: 1 black variegated berkshire rex, 1 black Irish rex (keeping), 2 normal marked siamese (keeping 1), 1 black self hairless or double rex (really not sure what she is!). In the other litter I've only got 2 females and will probably keep them both (beige and black).

I went a little crazy with pics of the variegated berk girl... Let me know what you think. Happy

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Blkvariberkfothelloxbug1

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Blkvariberkfothelloxbug2

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Blkvariberkfothelloxbug3

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Blkvariberkfothelloxbug4

Litter Announcement - TBR Othello x TBR Bug Blkvariberkfothelloxbug5
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by candycorn Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:22 pm

God. I would love to have her. Shame you ate so far!
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thewesterngate Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Ooooh, sooo sweeeeet. Happy I have a blue boy whose markings look just like hers! He's a beautiful silvery blue. My group is opening their eyes too! I'll have to counter with pictures of black and agouti dumbo berks. Wink
thewesterngate
thewesterngate
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Aw thank you! I am so pleased with this litter. Not only are they lovely little bubs, but both parents health and temperaments are phenomenal.
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 pm

thewesterngate wrote:Ooooh, sooo sweeeeet. Happy I have a blue boy whose markings look just like hers! He's a beautiful silvery blue. My group is opening their eyes too! I'll have to counter with pictures of black and agouti dumbo berks. Wink

Sounds pretty! Once these pups are old enough I'll be breeding them back to each other to produce American blues finally. Looking forward to your baby pics. I need to stop being lazy and take more of the others lol.
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I would be happy to take any rex girl you have available. I miss my little plush rex lady.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by seafolly Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Every time someone posts rat pictures I get a little closer to wanting to run out and adopt a pair. Gotta love those dumbo ears.
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down