The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored! Bored! Bored!

+2
Stina
bethmccallister
6 posters

Go down

Bored! Bored! Bored! Empty Bored! Bored! Bored!

Post by bethmccallister Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm sitting at the school waiting for the bus to come so that I can travel for 2 hours more and then finally be home! My last class was over 30 minutes ago and the bus doesn't even come for another hour and a half...poo! My week of spring break starts after today so I'm extra anxious to get home. My schedule is very VERY very grueling and I don't know what to do with myself cause I'm not cramming in knowledge for a test of some kind. It feels weird.

When I do get home I plan on starting some of my "projects" one of which is updating my website MouseryMoments.com since all the information got lost when my loving boyfriend accidentally deleted it off his server a few months ago. I also plan to update the mouserydatabase.com with new litters and photos. I also will be making a list of my final "keepers" and make a crazy photo post with reserved mice that many off you are waiting patiently for (thank-you).

I also will have dumbo rats from that will be adoptable at RF that I picked up from Nicole and I will have pictures of the mice from her that several of you reserved. They are all in QT and doing good.

At any rate...I think I'm going to go to Qdoba and have me a taco salad while I wait for the bus. Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Bored! Bored! Bored! Empty Re: Bored! Bored! Bored!

Post by Stina Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:57 pm

lol...good times! In a few I'm gonna start making a rat cage and a mouse cage from an entertainment center thing (for the rats) and a little wall cabinet (for the mice) Happy

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by onceuponamousery Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:11 pm

That sounds Awesome Stina, I think it's really neat to make custom enclosures out of furniture Happy Good luck Beth, I'm looking forward to school break too!

onceuponamousery
Hopper
Hopper

http://reginanjacobsmousehouse.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by candycorn Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:29 pm

How do you make the cages from furniture and keep them from chewing? Happy
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:01 pm

I haven't tried it with the mice yet...but my mice don't generally chew the inside of their plastic cages, so I'm going to give it a shot....Rats aren't as heavy of chewers, and don't seem to be able to get their teeth around a flat surface....so they don't seem to ever cause too much damage to the inside of a piece of furniture. I already have one cage for rats made with a china cabinet that I've had now for probably about a year. It works very well Happy You just have to seal the inside, create a shelf lip (I use wall trim) and use hardware cloth over doors that would have otherwise had glass Happy

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 pm

I have two plastic bins that I house bucks in. One was chewed through on the edge by an industrious little (b)uck when he went for a car ride to his new home and decided he wanted to ride on my arm instead of in the tote. Silly boy tongue

doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 pm

I hate when my mice like to chew...lol I've been lucky the past few years in that I haven't had a single mouse that was determined to chew out of a plastic cage! I use Lee's breeder boxes mostly and a few homemade bins from sterilites and the like.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about the chewing thing. I have one buck that needs a mate or something to give him to do besides eat his house. It's funny cause I keep patching his plastic bin with little squares of extra plastic and a glue gun. I don't like this little game we play, lol!
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 pm

bethmccallister wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean about the chewing thing. I have one buck that needs a mate or something to give him to do besides eat his house. It's funny cause I keep patching his plastic bin with little squares of extra plastic and a glue gun. I don't like this little game we play, lol!

I bet he thinks it's hysterical. LOL
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by onceuponamousery Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:00 pm

I think the smaller their home the more likely they chew, my mice that were in a really big enclosure never chewed, maybe its something out of boredom? lol

onceuponamousery
Hopper
Hopper

http://reginanjacobsmousehouse.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Even when I have a boy alone in a really small cage for a couple weeks they still don't chew.

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 am

I think it's boredom too. When I give him something to do, no matter the size of the cage, I have no problem.
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Ah, the joy of patching bins with plastic and hot glue! I do that all the time which is why I spent an arm and a leg last year on lab cages for a lot of the boys! They can't chew them!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bethmccallister Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Sounds like those cages are working out for you then? I was worried they might be too small for more monstrous boys or I would have tried to get a few.

And I agree, it has to be from total boredom since after they chew a big hole and they can clearly get out and run away...there they are just hanging out in their new improved air conditioned house.
bethmccallister
bethmccallister
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Yep! I rarely have them leave the bin. It's when young litters are antsy that I have a problem. I can't fit all my boys in lab cages. The small ones I got from mouselover01 are used for my pet-type, smaller or young bucks. I got 10 or 12 larger cages off ebay last year that I do keep some of my bigger studs in, but even those are a bit small for some mice. The largest of my boys get a bin and if one of them happens to be a chewer, like Mr. Creepy, he gets an aquarium!

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum