The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics!

+11
seafolly
JuleeP
kawmice
Mousling
WindyHill
doganddisc
lunalady
Mrs. Beach
LittleSniffs
bethmccallister
candycorn
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics!

Post by Love2read Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:49 am

They're beautiful, especially the striped one!
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics!

Post by thistlebrook Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:00 pm

They are so pretty! I'm really starting to like merles a lot. Love
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JuleeP Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:45 pm

OMG, they're adorable!
JuleeP
JuleeP
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by candycorn Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 692f7ff1
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 E3da3f9a

Pardon the wood dust! Here they are at 3 weeks and a day or two. They are little mexican jumping beans! Talk about fleas! Hoppy hop hop!
Looks like I got three merles, three rexes, and 6 fluffy bundles of cute! Dad is a rex, so I was not overly surprised there.
They are absolutely adorable in the tank. This is my first batch of assassin mice. The creep in the bedding and only poke up their little faces. Then we you put your hand in...they all explode with energy! It's hilarious! I think I am missing one black rex doe on these pictures...she hid too well in the bedding and I didn't realise until the pictures were downloaded. Sneaky thing!
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Lol. So cute!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 am

seafolly wrote:I wish so badly I lived closer! I've never ever seen anything like these guys. I've got nothing but c dilutes to work with in these parts, haha.

I'm workiung with c-diloutes, too. I'd say c=dilutes are enough to keep anybody entertained and out of trouble! (pardon typing. unfamiliar keyboard_)
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycrisa Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 am

I never get tired of looking at these guys. I love my blues, but marked mice are so much more exciting <3

Question,
Merle mice are lovely but does anyone breed pied merles?
I was just wondering if people lean towards or away from that gene combo.
Lycrisa
Lycrisa
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by candycorn Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 am

Lycrisa wrote:
Merle mice are lovely but does anyone breed pied merles?
I was just wondering if people lean towards or away from that gene combo.

I have one! Well a belted merle anyway most likely. I will probably try to prove the belting by breeding her one day...but she is my favorite mouse right now. She sings! Chirps and warbles like an angel!
I love how that looks...it makes her look like a tricolor in greyscale. Just lovely! Here is my Nightingale

Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 55324e88
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 38d45b32
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycrisa Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Very pretty! It does make her look sort of like a tricolor. I like how the stark white shows off the roaning better.
Lycrisa
Lycrisa
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by seafolly Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Does anyone else think of ice cream when looking at that mouse? o.0 I don't even know what flavour I'm referring to but there's something out there that's beautifully layered with varying colours. : )
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 am

I love the look of Pied Merles! I'm trying to get to that point with my Merles. I had 1 Pied Merle baby, but sadly she didn't make it. She got eaten. Sad

Here's a Pied Merle girl I have:
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 DSC_0368
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 DSC_0365
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 DSC_0364

And here's my favorite one, Meribelle, whom I lost(*cry*):
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 DSC_0386
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 DSC_0377
Cross Your Fingers for Merles! GOT THEM!! UPDATE with pics! - Page 2 DSC_0384

Candycorn, your Pied Merle is gorgeous! I love how defined her markings are! Some day I will breed a litter of Tri-Color Merles just for the fun of it. Some day... Maybe even throw some Tan in the mix for an extra umph, lol!
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Love2read, you have such beautiful mice! Yes, I want to go on record as loving pied merles! I visited compassgirl several years ago and saw a blue pied merle she'd bred. It was like looking at a natural phenomenon! I started.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyTails Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

I will not breed pied merle, I will not bred pied merle, I will not..... Laughing

GypsyTails
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2