The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie from ohio

+2
tinyhartmouseries
lonehuntress
6 posters

Go down

newbie from ohio Empty newbie from ohio

Post by lonehuntress Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 am

I just got done setting up my mouse house and brought home 2 females. One self black who died the same day i got her and 1 beautiful beige point tan rex. Im currently looking for more females to keep my lone mousy company. I will breed my mice down the line when i have more funds for setup, but for now im keeping some females as pets. I havent settled on a line but i do love the beige point, tan, fox, and extreme black. and agouti,and merle, and blue...and...whew. i just dont know which i like best. I live in northwest ohio and there arnt any shows up here that i know of.

i have 1 dog and 2 cats, and a spouse who dosn't understand my mouse obsession. ever since i found out mice come in more colors than brown or white, ive been wanting some.
lonehuntress
lonehuntress
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

newbie from ohio Empty Re: newbie from ohio

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello and Welcome! Thankfully, I think there are something like 3 breeders in Ohio.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by lonehuntress Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

yeah. i contacted one (who might be on this fourm, idk) who was rude and mean to me because one of the mice died and she said she wouldnt adopt mice to me because of that. so, um. i dont know. Its not like i murderd the mouse. im really discouraged now and about to give it up.
lonehuntress
lonehuntress
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Well, there are several breeders, so I wouldn't let a single setback slow you down. Most folks understand that petstore mice die for reasons unrelated to our keeping and care of them.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Welcome! My Mouse
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lonehuntress Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 am

I ended up getting 2 more mice to keep the one company from someone who didn't want there baby mice anymore. One is a PEW and one is a chocolate tan. I am not huge into the PEW but this mouse is nice and really funny. The chocolate tan is more timid but is also nice. They came with the names Eleanor and Cinnamon. These mice are very active and doing a lot better then the 2 i got first. Im working on taming them up a bit more. the PEW will come to my hand but she dosn't like when i touch her. she dosn't like my smell yet and will shove a peice of bedding over my finger! i thought this was funny but she is comming around.
lonehuntress
lonehuntress
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 am

I was the "rude" breeder.

She adopted 2 mice from a friend of mine. Those mice were my grandbubbies. One died on the way home due to her not having any AC in her car(supposedly). I have no AC in my car and have NEVER lost an animal in-transport. The only way one would die is if they were left in the sun or left in the car while you go in a store or something.

Secondly, she lied to my friend and claimed that I was demanding $20 for 2 of my show-type mice. As everyone knows, I only charge $5 for my mice.

I told her I wouldn't adopt to her because she lied about me and because of the mouse dying.
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by >*< Faith >*< Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 am

I'm the breeder you got the first two does from, and I would like to clarrify the situation a bit for everyone here.
"Lonehuntress" had come to pick up my two does, the color point beige rex, and the self black. Both of these girls were a picture of health, good weight, clear eyes, no sneezies, active, friendly, and playful when they had left with her. Now I am not in the least saying she purposely murdered that doe, but am still curious as to how she died. We don't have AC in our vehicle either, and I drive about the same distance (about 45mins one way), to pick up and bring home mice as she had to pick these two up and make it back home, and I have yet to lose one mouse, nor do any even seem in distress. The day of her pick up, it wasn't unusually hot or anything.
Over an hour after she had pick the two girls up, I received a text message from her telling me that the whole trip both were fine, but when she got them home, the self black doe fell over and died. Regardless as to how it happened, I did still offer to replace the doe with her choice from an upcoming litter, because she had taken the last two avaailable does. She had declined, said she would try to get some from the other breeder, or closer to her, but would keep my contact info.
Now as for "the other breeder" lonehuntress had brought up to me while she was here to pick up the does, that she had contacted another breeder about mice she had placed in an ad. I already knew Love2read had placed an ad, I had stumbled across it myself before this and even joked with her about it. The ad clearly stated all types for $5. Lonehuntress said the breeder was asking $20 for two show type does. At first I thought maybe there was someone else selling mice I hadn't seen, but then she explained the ad and the location, and it was unmistakably Love2read's ad. Now since I get my mice from love2read, and talk to her on a weekly basis, I simply asked if she had told anyone 2 for $20 before completely discrediting what lonehuntress had told me. Maybe there is more to this, but based on what I know of love2read, her mice, and her ad, and what lonehuntress had told me, it leads me to believe, that for some reason, the truth was stretched a bit.
Again, my intent here is not to attack lonehuntress by any means, but to let everyone know what had happened, and what was said. It is unfortunate that the doe had died, but not knowing exactly what had happened, I can't say wether it was unavoidable, or if more actions could have been taken to prevent it. Either way, nothing more can be done about it now. I am however a bit more put off about the accusations about the "other breeder"
Putting aside these unfortunate events, what's done is done, hopefully a lesson learned, and I hope all is well with the rex girl, and for the best for you and your mice.
>*< Faith >*<
>*< Faith >*<
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 am

Faith- thank you for taking the time to join up and post your side of the story!

I'm sorry about the loss of your little one. It must have been heartbreaking to hear that she was gone just an hour after she left your home. Sad
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by >*< Faith >*< Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 am

No problem, I feel it is in everyone's best interest to be able to hear both sides before it becomes a "he said, she said" scenario.
It honestly was quite heartbreaking, especially since the black self doe was Delilah's baby, and one I had nearly kept for myself, simply because she was Delilah's and seemed to have that same "something special" her mom had. But being that there was only one female left, and lonehuntress wanted a pair, I didn't need the self black girl for any breeding plans, and she was raised with the rex girl, I decided to let her go as well.
But as I said, there's nothing to be done about it now. I still have Delilah's EB daughter, so her breeding was not in vein and a total loss. I suppose this is a lesson learned for me as well. Just have to absolutely be sure anyone I adopt to in the future with a somewhat lengthy drive is fully prepared to safely transport the mice as stress free as possible.
>*< Faith >*<
>*< Faith >*<
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down