The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic*

+2
Laigaie
tinyhartmouseries
6 posters

Go down

Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic* Empty Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic*

Post by tinyhartmouseries Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 am

I hope someone is on this late and can offer their opinion.
I have a rather obese brindle doe that is first and foremost, prone to fatty deposits. I've seen prolapses, and this doesn't look like one, the lump in fact looks like some sort of tumor or growth. It has yellowish areas and seems a bit irregular, not like a smooth pink prolapse.

It looks to be attached firmly to the left side of the vaginal opening.

If this is a prolapse, this doe will be euthanized immediately. If it is a growth, I may leave her for a little while. She appears to be in no pain and her activities and behaviors remain the same as always. She is a favorite of my entire family. I usually advocate for quick euthanasia, but as this doe does not appear uncomfortable, I would hate to jump the gun. Any helpful opinions welcome here.
Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic* 100_2806
Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic* 100_2804
Thank you for any help.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic* Empty Re: Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic*

Post by Laigaie Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

With a prolapse, you'll eventually see the whole mess come falling out. As soon as anything starts to extend outside of the vaginal opening, it's definitely time to pts. I think it may be really difficult, without a small probe and a desire to go digging around, to tell which is which immediately. Over the course of the next 24 hrs or so, though, if you don't start seeing protrusions, I'd say you're looking at a small growth that may or may not be cancerous. Because vaginas heal so rapidly, they sometimes heal in weird ways.

I'm sorry you're losing one of your favorites.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic* Empty Re: Prolapse or growth? *Slightly Graphic*

Post by tinyhartmouseries Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes, this growth is only visible when I spread the, uh, opening as my photos show me doing. Otherwise, the vaginal opening appear normal from the outside. I saw a retained prolapse once, the area around the opening became very puffy and displaced tissues were visible through the opening. This is not like that at all.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

...would it be okay if I asked how you noticed it?
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhasputin Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Has she had a litter before?

I have a mouse here that looks similar, but it's actually a hermaphrodite, and lives quite happily with lonely bucks!
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 pm

A few weeks ago, I thought she was pregnant. She must have lost it, and then this showed up. I was observing her rear end when I noticed a little bit of the abnormality.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Well, this most certainly deserves an update. This growth got bigger and bigger until I started to agonize about what to do. Then, it started to drain and what it was, actually, was the world's most disgusting abscess. This doe is now fine! Happy ending!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by seafolly Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Ew. Throw all the blood and guts you want at me and I won't flinch. Pus is another thing entirely. Wink I'm very happy she's alright now!
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 pm

HURRAWWWWW for BRINDAWWWWWW!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleSniffs Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Aww that is so good news!!!
LittleSniffs
LittleSniffs
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down