The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18*

+8
GypsyTails
lunalady
m137b
seafolly
Rhasputin
Stina
tinyhartmouseries
Love2read
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18* - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18*

Post by Alcuzey Fri May 04, 2012 10:00 am

Are there any more pics of this little dude?

Alcuzey
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18* - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18*

Post by Love2read Fri May 04, 2012 11:44 am

I've been meaning to take some. I'll snap a couple tonight after work. Wink

Sadly, with age his face HAS become deformed. His ears are both fully developed, but his nose is crooked and his face looks "off". So, I won't be doing any breeding of him or his siblings. *sigh*
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Ah. Poor guy! At least he will have a spoiled life. Lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 pm

I just wanted to update you guys with new pics. Happy

Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18* - Page 2 DSC_0330-1
Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18* - Page 2 DSC_0333-1
Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18* - Page 2 DSC_0335
Is this bub a gremlin mouse? *UPDATED 5/18* - Page 2 DSC_0338-1

I'm thinking Stina is definitely right and it's a skull deformity because his nose is a bit crooked and his face looks a bit "off". He's a sweet boy though and I think I'll keep him. He seems healthy and isn't runty in the least, so there's no reason to put him down. He'll make an interesting pet. XD
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....he's so cuuuuuuuuuute! What a sweet looking little guy!

..his right ear looks a little odd as well...very odd deformity!

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2read Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Actually, I think the ear is the only think that's NOT deformed, lol. It seems to be folded downward against his head.

Such a pity because his other ear is so nice and big for being just an F1 pet/show cross! He would have definitely been a keeper for breeding BEW. *sigh*

I'm keeping 2 of his sisters in case I have the spare room in the future and decide to do a test breeding just for the sake of curiosity.

I get such weird stuff from my pet store line!
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina Sat May 19, 2012 12:01 am

I'm not looking at the left ear on the obviously wonky side of his face...his other ear looks like its rotated forward so the "top" edge of the ear is rotated over the front further than normal. Perhaps not the ear itself but the cartilage placement seems off...suggesting that both sides of his head are affected, just the left side much more severely. I could be wrong...but that's what it looks like to me.

I'd be interested to see what he produced with a sister or his mother

Stina
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2